IGNORED

10-17-2012 Found Air Raid with original box

AIR-RAID

Maybe we will see a boxed Ultravision Karate or something along those lines.

I really don't think the ebay Air Raid is going to effect the Chase the Chuck Wagon (yes I still use the old name) Air Raid at all. Is anybody else kind of surprised they did such a short auction for the ebay one?

Edited by jeremiahjt

They probably want to get people to bid before the end result of the GameGavel one sets a new standard price for a boxed copy, bringing the value of lesser condition copies down considerably. That's how I see it anyway, though the addition of the manual makes it a bit more complicated.

Is GameGavel down for anyone else? Wonder what happened...

I think the eBay Air Raid will result in a lower price for the game gavel one. My last bid was $15,950 I was thinking of one more bid but now there's 50% more known boxed copies, it does make me reconsider another bid.

The box on ebay looks like it is crushed a little on the side though.

I don't get it. I've got a SEALED Yars Revenge. Its a much better game than Air Raid but I can't get anywhere near $30,000 - $40,000.

Its not fair :_(

Hey, think of it this way. Would you rather this be like Comic Collecting? There things like a common Amazing Fantasy 15, Incredible Hulk 1, and Fantastic 4 1, goes for thousands of dollars while the super rares don't go for nearly as much.

For us this is actually a collector wonderland where things like Yars Revenge, Combat, Pitfall, Galaxian, and Space Invaders all go for prices that even the poorest collector can afford. This is the place where the historically significant pop culture items are uber cheap, and the historically insignificant, poorly made games that almost nobody wanted are the things that go for big time bucks.

It's actually a really good thing if you think about it.

• Like 6

The ebay one ended at $13,988.89. Less than half of what the first boxed Air Raid went for.

edit: beaten

Yes, the box was very "beaten", pun intended. I'm not surprised, but the eBay auction seems to have placed a damper on the GameGavel auction. I studied the bid history on the Red Sea Crossing game, and noticed a pattern: the bids escalated within the first 24 hours, leveled off, then picked back up and soared in the last 24 hours. And there was also another Red Sea Crossing that simultaneously appeared on eBay. It's kind of ironic that the same thing is happening with the GameGavel Air Raid auction. Edited by stardust4ever

Funny timing, there was an article on MSN this morning about expensive retro games. I thought for sure the Air Raid shenannigans would have prompted it, especially given the title of '$20,000 for a retro video game'.

http://money.msn.com/investing/dollar20000-for-a-retro-video-game

In fact the article doesn't even mention the previous boxed Air Raid that went for more than $20k obviously.