IGNORED

10-17-2012 Found Air Raid with original box

AIR-RAID

I can't wait either.

I just wonder why he doesn't keep it in his collection if he's a (from what I could gather from the video) collector.

Collecting isn't everything man. I'm just as serious as any other collector out there, if I had something worth 30k it would be sold in a heartbeat. What I could do for my family and quality of life with 30k right now would far out weigh owning a collectable...just saying...it would be nice to have and I'm not knocking anyone that can afford it. I have some expensive games too, but even though I'm a collector myself if I found a CIB Air Raid it would be sold ;)

• Like 4

1 grand after just two bids ain't bad. It still tickles me I got the first bid in. Maybe the third bid will be 10 grand? I expect to see a lot of action on this once the reserve is met. I just hope it's legitamate buyers and not a bunch of trolls pushing up the price with no intention of buying.

If it's anything like ebay, expect a lot of sniping in the last few minutes...

• Like 1

1 grand after just two bids ain't bad. It still tickles me I got the first bid in. Maybe the third bid will be 10 grand? I expect to see a lot of action on this once the reserve is met. I just hope it's legitamate buyers and not a bunch of trolls pushing up the price with no intention of buying.

It will hit 10k no problem...I am very curious to see how high it goes though, this is a BIG ticket item so I wonder how many of the "big dogs" will come out and play :)

Any predictions guys?

I will say $24,770.01

No science behind that, when I closed my eyes thats the number that popped in my head...

This is why Atari 2600 collecting is the best hobby in the world. 35 years later, its mysteries are still being unraveled, new things still being discovered. Congratulations on the find! It could be the most important Atari 2600-related discovery we've seen in a while. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I don’t know how far people want to go to try and figure out the origins of Men-A-Vision. But according to public records, the address of 1702 Sunset Blvd. was owned by Helena S. Moore et al in 1982. The deed was recorded in the assessor’s office on 8/20/1982. Since it appears to be a commercial property, she was probably renting out to various tenants – one of which was probably some of the people behind Men-A-Vision.

• Like 4

Or he may just hoard it. A lot of high profile prototype owners like to sit on the game and refuse to dump it unless the community pays a ransom note on it. Plenty of NES prototypes have been lost to time that way.

Name one.

...besides Grid Grabber, that is, though even that one was dumped (just not distributed). Name one unreleased NES game that has been "lost to time."

We are verifying all bidders at this point. All without any feedback and also new members bidding on this must have accurate contact information for their GameGavel account and good phone #'s (which we are calling to verify) so we don't expect any of this happening. If bidders cannot be verified and confirmed than their bids will be removed and the auction will revert to the next highest legitimate bidder. So far, no issues though.

Good luck to all bidders :)

Edited by Parrothead

We are verifying all bidders at this point. All without any feedback and also new members bidding on this must have accurate contact information for their GameGavel account and good phone #'s (which we are calling to verify) so we don't expect any of this happening. Good luck to all bidders!

That is not a bad idea as half of the bidders don't even have bidding histories.....

I also wanted to mention that I have been bombarded with requests to buy my copy and I go for this current one......not sure what to do at this point....been offered some nice amounts of $$ which makes it worthwhile for me to go for it since it might be an alternative and cheaper option for a collector. Oh, I did check the inside of my copy and there was no instruction manual.... LOL... :)

BTW, has this game been verified by somebody in the community??? This person lives in Pomona (that is like 20 minutes from me).....I don't mind verifying it (I can bring my copy to make sure as well)....especially if I can check out the Atari Display... ;)

• Like 4

That is not a bad idea as half of the bidders don't even have bidding histories.....

Agreed.

BTW, has this game been verified by somebody in the community??? This person lives in Pomona (that is like 20 minutes from me).....I don't mind verifying it (I can bring my copy to make sure as well)....especially if I can check out the Atari Display... ;)

I've only seen pictures and video, I don't think anyone else has seen it in person yet except the sellers. If someone wants to fly me out there, I'd be glad to go look at first hand. However, if you're only 20 minutes away, that would seem like a no brainer. I will vouch for you. :)

..Al