IGNORED

Donkey Kong XM Pre-order and demo

tep392

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, 7800 said:

I bought Donkey Kong PK on a cartridge a few years ago, but I'd like the complete game rom for my Dragonfly? Anyone know if the complete game was made available to download??

I have been sending the ROM to cartridge customers by request.  I'll contact you by PM.

Regards,

Perry

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everybody,

I have a new Matheos 16in1 card from 2016 with Pokey. I tried lots of things but I never have any sound in Donkey Kong XM.

Pokey works perfect in Ballblazer, but I cannot get it to work here. Also tried the special Matheos Pokey version.

Any hints?

Thank you.....

Bern

2 hours ago, biobern said:

Hello everybody,

I have a new Matheos 16in1 card from 2016 with Pokey. I tried lots of things but I never have any sound in Donkey Kong XM.

Pokey works perfect in Ballblazer, but I cannot get it to work here. Also tried the special Matheos Pokey version.

Any hints?

Thank you.....

Bern

The early Mateos carts didn't support the S9P format, 144k game with pokey.  You might have an early version.  Try contacting Juan to see if he can help you.

19 hours ago, tep392 said:

The early Mateos carts didn't support the S9P format, 144k game with pokey.  You might have an early version.  Try contacting Juan to see if he can help you.

Thank you, I will. But my card has "2016" printed on the board. Does that sound like an early version?

Cheers

Bern

4 hours ago, biobern said:

Thank you, I will. But my card has "2016" printed on the board. Does that sound like an early version?

Cheers

Bern

As an indicator and example, it was remarked, which boards require an upgrade:

Number 16, handwritten sticker, is an example of an earlier model requiring an upgrade. 

Version 3 with punched label, Number 48, is an example of a later model that should be already compatible.

The cart became available to purchase on June 15, 2016.

In four months time, by mid-October, there was already a Version 3 released.

By mid-January 2017, it was announced two new extensions/mappings were added: 48P and S9P.  File extensions are case sensitive for the Mateos cart.  For instance - s9p, S9p, s9P - will not work.  It has to be all uppercase letters: S9P.

The aforementioned link also mentions:

Some of your cards can already use these two formats, but unfortunately others will require a two-step update:

• Firmware upgrade in the burner.
  • IC replacement in the rewritable card.

If your system needs to be updated, I will be pleased to do it free of charge (although would appreciate your collaboration with the shipping cost (shipping from Spain costs 6.55€)). If you are interested, please use the contact form of my website:

http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/index.php/en/contact

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Trebor said:

As an indicator and example, it was remarked, which boards require an upgrade:

Number 16, handwritten sticker, is an example of an earlier model requiring an upgrade. 

Version 3 with punched label, Number 48, is an example of a later model that should be already compatible.

The cart became available to purchase on June 15, 2016.

In four months time, by mid-October, there was already a Version 3 released.

By mid-January 2017, it was announced two new extensions/mappings were added: 48P and S9P.  File extensions are case sensitive for the Mateos cart.  For instance - s9p, S9p, s9P - will not work.  It has to be all uppercase letters: S9P.

The aforementioned link also mentions:

Some of your cards can already use these two formats, but unfortunately others will require a two-step update:

• Firmware upgrade in the burner.
  • IC replacement in the rewritable card.

If your system needs to be updated, I will be pleased to do it free of charge (although would appreciate your collaboration with the shipping cost (shipping from Spain costs 6.55€)). If you are interested, please use the contact form of my website:

http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/index.php/en/contact

Thanks a lot for this helpful explanation. My Mateos is a V3.0 with a hand written label with the number "24" on it. This probably means "too old for S9P but can have a hardware upgrade by Mateos himself". I have read now that Mateos is lost in time and space. Is this still true?

Thank you....

Bern

13 minutes ago, biobern said:

Thanks a lot for this helpful explanation. My Mateos is a V3.0 with a hand written label with the number "24" on it. This probably means "too old for .S9P but can have a hardware upgrade by Mateos himself". I have read now that Mateos is lost in time and space. Is this still true?

Thank you....

Bern

As far as I can see, "Pokey Kong" for ".48P" does not work either. The only solution for old Mateos cards could be a special, theoretical demo version for 128K and Pokey, called ".SGP"-format. Am I right?

Thanks....

Bern

21 hours ago, biobern said:

I have read now that Mateos is lost in time and space. Is this still true?

I do not know.   The previously posted link to contact him is still up though.

Submitting your information there may be your best bet in reaching him about your cart.

On 5/31/2021 at 8:21 PM, Trebor said:

I do not know.   The previously posted link to contact him is still up though.

Submitting your information there may be your best bet in reaching him about your cart.

He does not answer anymore. It seems that the only solution is that somebody modifies the (shortened) demo to ".SGP"-Format (128kB with Pokey), right?

Bern

3 hours ago, biobern said:

He does not answer anymore. It seems that the only solution is that somebody modifies the (shortened) demo to ".SGP"-Format (128kB with Pokey), right?

Bern

Sorry to tell you this, but that is not going to happen.  If I could have made it fit a 128K format, I would have done that to start with.  You would be better off getting one of the newer carts like Concerto and Dragonfly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Hasan Coskun said:

Hello, I've recently purchased the Dragonfly flashcart and have played the demo version. Is it possible to purchase the full version as a ROM download?

Sure!  I have just edited the first post to say I am now offering the A78 file for sale.  PM me to make a purchase.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2012 at 10:34 PM, tep392 said:

9/16/2021 Update:

With the recent release of several SD carts for the 7800, I've decided to start offering the game as an A78 file to use with these carts. I will still be offering the carts if people still want a physical copy. These binary's will be serialized.  Price is $10.  Please PM me if you would like to purchase.

I just wanted to pop in and say that this is great news for the 7800 community and a fantastic price to offer the binary at.  Thanks tep! ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

I added this update to the first post.

8/12/2022 Update:

I have decided to stop selling the physical carts of this game. I'm out of the boards and don't have any interest in continuing to produce these in small quantities.  I will continue to offer the serialized A78 file for $10 to use on emulators or multicarts.  I have been working on Donkey Kong Remix (see my avatar) on/off for a few years and will hopefully finish it some day.  It's a nice enhancement of the original game with more screen variations to keep it interesting.

• Like 11

11 hours ago, tep392 said:

I have been working on Donkey Kong Remix (see my avatar) on/off for a few years and will hopefully finish it some day.  It's a nice enhancement of the original game with more screen variations to keep it interesting.

Consider one sold!🙂