IGNORED

Donkey Kong XM Pre-order and demo

tep392

Can i be put on the dkxm pre order list, ill just take jaynz spot in line!

Groovybee can vouch for me, im awesome!

Oh wait, there goes my credibility. :-(

jaynz never asked for a cart so never had a spot.

I still have 3 carts available for reserve from the 1st batch. There are a number of people still on the list but they have not responded to the reminder notes I sent last month, so I'll make these available to the next 3 people who contact me and pay.

I'll do another batch in a month or two, so don't worry if your not ready to buy now.

jaynz never asked for a cart so never had a spot.

I still have 3 carts available for reserve from the 1st batch. There are a number of people still on the list but they have not responded to the reminder notes I sent last month, so I'll make these available to the next 3 people who contact me and pay.

I'll do another batch in a month or two, so don't worry if your not ready to buy now.

Hey, I want to be on the paid list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have money in Paypal ready to go. PM me.

• Like 1

perhaps the guy behind this amazing 2600 DK could help adding regular sound

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/204414-new-dk-for-vcs/page__hl__%20donkey%20%20kong

Me? Thanks, but no. :) That was my first attempt at adding sound plus it is in batari Basic using other programmers code of loops within loops. I barely understand the code, and it was HARD just to do the simple notes that I did put in.

POKEY is normal sound for some 7800 games.

• Like 1

I need to stop looking at the arcade code, because I feel compelled to make more updates. I've just figured out the logic for how DK throws the barrels and the crazy barrel probability so I going to have to implement it. :) Just finished the US rack order a couple days ago so It's switchable between Japanese and US order with the player 2 A/B switch. :)

Had one bug that took me hours to find. I really need a usable debugger. I would love to have the functionality of the Atari800win debugger.

• Like 9

I need to stop looking at the arcade code, because I feel compelled to make more updates. I've just figured out the logic for how DK throws the barrels and the crazy barrel probability so I going to have to implement it.

I respect your efforts there, but I'm not so sure I'd want arcade perfect logic. I'm probably in the minority here, but IMO that may not be a step up. The arcade is seriously POSESSED and always really pisses me off very quickly. I've always preferred the 7800 version over any other because of the overall feel and playability. Again, a very respectable effort, but I'd say it'll keep me from ever seeing the pie factory now anyway.

Just throwing that out there.

I respect your efforts there, but I'm not so sure I'd want arcade perfect logic. I'm probably in the minority here, but IMO that may not be a step up. The arcade is seriously POSESSED and always really pisses me off very quickly. I've always preferred the 7800 version over any other because of the overall feel and playability. Again, a very respectable effort, but I'd say it'll keep me from ever seeing the pie factory now anyway.

Just throwing that out there.

Don't worry about difficulty. You can use the difficulty switches to bring it down a level from the arcade version. As for the cement factory, you can make it the second screen by just selecting Japanese screen order. :) There are simple strategy's for every screen. Learn those, and you'll do ok.

I need to stop looking at the arcade code, because I feel compelled to make more updates. I've just figured out the logic for how DK throws the barrels and the crazy barrel probability so I going to have to implement it. :) Just finished the US rack order a couple days ago so It's switchable between Japanese and US order with the player 2 A/B switch. :)

Had one bug that took me hours to find. I really need a usable debugger. I would love to have the functionality of the Atari800win debugger.

AWESOME.

Maybe you should just start writing games for the 8bit platform instead since a great debugger already exists. DK XE sounds great to me :)

• Like 1

Perry, thank you once again, the latest update is amazing as always.

Among the changes, now the fireballs move with little jumps as in the version Arcade! :)

One question, on the Girders screen I see only two fireballs.

You can increase this number?

Many thanks

I looked at doing that but ran into limits on how many objects the game engine can handle. I might be able to add a 3rd, but no promises. The arcade machine allows up to 5.

• Like 1

I looked at doing that but ran into limits on how many objects the game engine can handle. I might be able to add a 3rd, but no promises. The arcade machine allows up to 5.

Thank you very much for the attempt, add a 3rd fireball would be a great result.

I do not know if it is correct, but the latest update seems already to be able to visualize on the screen a few barrels more!