Jump to content
tep392

Donkey Kong XM Pre-order and demo

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Shawn said:

 

That is what I suggested as well. You provided a link though which is even better 👍

Don't even try to outdo Trebor Almighty!

 

😛

 

😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought Donkey Kong PK on a cartridge a few years ago, but I'd like the complete game rom for my Dragonfly? Anyone know if the complete game was made available to download??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 7800 said:

I bought Donkey Kong PK on a cartridge a few years ago, but I'd like the complete game rom for my Dragonfly? Anyone know if the complete game was made available to download??

I have been sending the ROM to cartridge customers by request.  I'll contact you by PM.

Regards,

Perry

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tep392 said:

I have been sending the ROM to cartridge customers by request.  I'll contact you by PM.

Regards,

Perry

Thank you Perry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everybody,

I have a new Matheos 16in1 card from 2016 with Pokey. I tried lots of things but I never have any sound in Donkey Kong XM.

Pokey works perfect in Ballblazer, but I cannot get it to work here. Also tried the special Matheos Pokey version.

 

Any hints?

Thank you.....

Bern

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, biobern said:

Hello everybody,

I have a new Matheos 16in1 card from 2016 with Pokey. I tried lots of things but I never have any sound in Donkey Kong XM.

Pokey works perfect in Ballblazer, but I cannot get it to work here. Also tried the special Matheos Pokey version.

 

Any hints?

Thank you.....

Bern

 

The early Mateos carts didn't support the S9P format, 144k game with pokey.  You might have an early version.  Try contacting Juan to see if he can help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tep392 said:

The early Mateos carts didn't support the S9P format, 144k game with pokey.  You might have an early version.  Try contacting Juan to see if he can help you.

Thank you, I will. But my card has "2016" printed on the board. Does that sound like an early version?

 

Cheers

Bern

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, biobern said:

Thank you, I will. But my card has "2016" printed on the board. Does that sound like an early version?

 

Cheers

Bern

As an indicator and example, it was remarked, which boards require an upgrade:

Number 16, handwritten sticker, is an example of an earlier model requiring an upgrade. 

Version 3 with punched label, Number 48, is an example of a later model that should be already compatible.

 

The cart became available to purchase on June 15, 2016.

In four months time, by mid-October, there was already a Version 3 released.

By mid-January 2017, it was announced two new extensions/mappings were added: 48P and S9P.  File extensions are case sensitive for the Mateos cart.  For instance - s9p, S9p, s9P - will not work.  It has to be all uppercase letters: S9P.

 

The aforementioned link also mentions:

 

Some of your cards can already use these two formats, but unfortunately others will require a two-step update:

  • Firmware upgrade in the burner.
  • IC replacement in the rewritable card.

If your system needs to be updated, I will be pleased to do it free of charge (although would appreciate your collaboration with the shipping cost (shipping from Spain costs 6.55€)). If you are interested, please use the contact form of my website:

http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/index.php/en/contact

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Trebor said:

As an indicator and example, it was remarked, which boards require an upgrade:

Number 16, handwritten sticker, is an example of an earlier model requiring an upgrade. 

Version 3 with punched label, Number 48, is an example of a later model that should be already compatible.

 

The cart became available to purchase on June 15, 2016.

In four months time, by mid-October, there was already a Version 3 released.

By mid-January 2017, it was announced two new extensions/mappings were added: 48P and S9P.  File extensions are case sensitive for the Mateos cart.  For instance - s9p, S9p, s9P - will not work.  It has to be all uppercase letters: S9P.

 

The aforementioned link also mentions:

 

Some of your cards can already use these two formats, but unfortunately others will require a two-step update:

  • Firmware upgrade in the burner.
  • IC replacement in the rewritable card.

If your system needs to be updated, I will be pleased to do it free of charge (although would appreciate your collaboration with the shipping cost (shipping from Spain costs 6.55€)). If you are interested, please use the contact form of my website:

http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/index.php/en/contact

 

Thanks a lot for this helpful explanation. My Mateos is a V3.0 with a hand written label with the number "24" on it. This probably means "too old for S9P but can have a hardware upgrade by Mateos himself". I have read now that Mateos is lost in time and space. Is this still true?

 

Thank you....

Bern

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, biobern said:

 

Thanks a lot for this helpful explanation. My Mateos is a V3.0 with a hand written label with the number "24" on it. This probably means "too old for .S9P but can have a hardware upgrade by Mateos himself". I have read now that Mateos is lost in time and space. Is this still true?

 

Thank you....

Bern

 

 

As far as I can see, "Pokey Kong" for ".48P" does not work either. The only solution for old Mateos cards could be a special, theoretical demo version for 128K and Pokey, called ".SGP"-format. Am I right?

 

Thanks....

Bern

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, biobern said:

I have read now that Mateos is lost in time and space. Is this still true?

I do not know.   The previously posted link to contact him is still up though.

Submitting your information there may be your best bet in reaching him about your cart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trebor said:

I do not know.   The previously posted link to contact him is still up though.

Submitting your information there may be your best bet in reaching him about your cart.

Thank you. I'll try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2021 at 8:21 PM, Trebor said:

I do not know.   The previously posted link to contact him is still up though.

Submitting your information there may be your best bet in reaching him about your cart.

He does not answer anymore. It seems that the only solution is that somebody modifies the (shortened) demo to ".SGP"-Format (128kB with Pokey), right?

 

Bern

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, biobern said:

He does not answer anymore. It seems that the only solution is that somebody modifies the (shortened) demo to ".SGP"-Format (128kB with Pokey), right?

 

Bern

 

Sorry to tell you this, but that is not going to happen.  If I could have made it fit a 128K format, I would have done that to start with.  You would be better off getting one of the newer carts like Concerto and Dragonfly.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hasan Coskun said:

Hello, I've recently purchased the Dragonfly flashcart and have played the demo version. Is it possible to purchase the full version as a ROM download?

Sure!  I have just edited the first post to say I am now offering the A78 file for sale.  PM me to make a purchase.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...