IGNORED

Donkey Kong XM Pre-order and demo

tep392

She looks, sounds, and plays great on ProSystem...At least for what that emulator offers. Question: Can the hammer adjust colors as the timer for it wears down as it does in the Arcade, or is this another issue with palettes similar to the fireball not changing color on the rivet/ramp level?

How hard would it be to implement The US Arcade version screen order? I like the Japan screen order, but it's kinda easy to beat on normal.

It won't be too hard and is on my list of things to do. I'll will be using the a/b difficulty switch to select the order.

• Like 1

I've made a major change to the 1st screen. Kong can now throw the blue barrels as in the arcade. I didn't change the graphic for the barrel because I couldn't come up with something that looks good with the low resolution available. I welcome the help if someone want to put together some new graphics for the barrels.

TEP392

Hi Perry, thanks for the new updates and absolutely consider me in the pre-order! :)

Here are some new graphics for the barrels, I hope they can be of help.

In the arcade version the light turquoise of the stairs is the same color used for the blue barrels and the word "oil".

Also, the oil has a vertical white line and some white dots.

I wonder if you can make these changes.

Thanks again

Marco

barrelsspritesdonkeykon.png

barrels sprites Donkey Kong 7800 XM.bmp

• Like 1

Hi Perry, thanks for the new updates and absolutely consider me in the pre-order! :)

Here are some new graphics for the barrels, I hope they can be of help.

In the arcade version the light turquoise of the stairs is the same color used for the blue barrels and the word "oil".

Also, the oil has a vertical white line and some white dots.

I wonder if you can make these changes.

Thanks again

Marco

barrelsspritesdonkeykon.png

Great work on the barrels! Thank you!

I have 41 firm orders for DK XM with another 16 pending and only 50 Jinks doners to build with. I did some research and it looks like I can use any of the following as doners.

Barnyard Blaster

Crack'ed

Dark Chambers

Jinks

Tower Toppler

If you have spares of any of these that you can sell, please PM me. I'm looking for another 10 carts.

edit: I have more doner carts lined up. Good for now.

TEP392

Currently, Fernando, that option would result in the game being $80 here at Atari Age... at least.

I believe the point is that it might work with pokey sound on a CC2.

He asked for an "option," not for it to be the only production cart.

I'm thinking tho that, as part of this is for it to be an XM cart, there's not a lot of reason for the author to spend much time on this.

desiv

I believe the point is that it might work with pokey sound on a CC2.

He asked for an "option," not for it to be the only production cart.

I'm thinking tho that, as part of this is for it to be an XM cart, there's not a lot of reason for the author to spend much time on this.

desiv

Yes, this is intended to be an XM game. Sound will also work with XBOARD modded 7800's. I might look at doing something for the CC2 later on, but no promises and it would be a while before that happens.

Yes, this is intended to be an XM game. Sound will also work with XBOARD modded 7800's. I might look at doing something for the CC2 later on, but no promises and it would be a while before that happens.

No problem at all..

It's a great looking/sounding game!!

desiv

Edited by desiv