IGNORED

Myide 2 for Atari 8 bit from Atarimax / mr Atari

fernando marrin

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to release (very soon) a MyIDE-I version of the MyBIOS.

That will have the same functionality as this one, only the additional MyIDE-II support will be disabled.

Beside that, the image (packed BIOS) is supported with the latest ATARIMAX Studio-software, so you can (finally) custom build your own flash-content :)

-yeah-

Later!

Sijmen.

Edited by mr-atari
  • Like 1

Did you also use the R1 rom? The rom and the cart currently don't work properly together for me. If I use F1 (cart) as stand-alone, it works fine as a regular hard drive. Dunno about the image facility -- I only use as a MyDos hard drive.

-Larry

I upgraded, seems to work well.

Did you also use the R1 rom? The rom and the cart currently don't work properly together for me. If I use F1 (cart) as stand-alone, it works fine as a regular hard drive. Dunno about the image facility -- I only use as a MyDos hard drive.

-Larry

-Larry

I loaded up the TEST-F1 Maxflash workbook. Added some 8K carts to my liking, then flashed the cart.

Everything seems to work fine.

It could be much more than a ramdisk, but a current application that needed an XE/Rambo-type ram expansion for it's own use could not use this SRAM. To use other than as a slightly faster disk will require new programming or mods of existing code. It actually is seen by MyDos as a single-density, high-capacity drive. It is faster than the IDE drive but slower than a regular ram expansion. Even the MyDos ramdisk code would need to be altered to get it to do "program swaps." At least this was all true in my testing.

-Larry

• Like 1

It could be much more than a ramdisk, but a current application that needed an XE/Rambo-type ram expansion for it's own use could not use this SRAM. To use other than as a slightly faster disk will require new programming or mods of existing code. It actually is seen by MyDos as a single-density, high-capacity drive. It is faster than the IDE drive but slower than a regular ram expansion. Even the MyDos ramdisk code would need to be altered to get it to do "program swaps." At least this was all true in my testing.

-Larry

Thanks.