IGNORED

Myide 2 for Atari 8 bit from Atarimax / mr Atari

fernando marrin

I can see already it's going to be a nice Christmas! Thanks, Sijmen.

-Larry

Edit: SDX in there, too. Very impressive work!

To use MyIDE.SYS with APT, you need to un-remark the line in the config.sys of the original sdx445-myide-ii, CRC the file and then add it to your workbook.

Be sure NOT to use OSRAM when you are running the F2-MyBIOS, this will conflict!

BANKED works the best for me (on a 256k machine)

The loader is universal for SDX 4.45

• Like 1

I can see already it's going to be a nice Christmas! Thanks, Sijmen.

-Larry

Edit: SDX in there, too. Very impressive work!

Definitly agree about nice Christmas... I got my order from Atarimax before Christmas Day.. But just now got the SDX package to work with the CF card. This needs just a little bit more documentation.

In order to use SDX with a CF card the CF card needs to be initialized with the MyBIOS rom ... under the 'I' option select MANUAL and accept Fat32 and APT and Images.... Then after selecting and making the partitions for MyDOS. (I only made 3 partition for MyDOS) I then reboot to MyIDE II menu and select BOOT-SDX after SDX loads then FDISK the APT partitions. Format with the SDX format program.

So now I am waiting for the COPY /RS A: C: to complete...

I am using ASPEQT as my SIO2PC media because it allows 512 bps Sectors..

Later I will swap ATR's and COPY /RS A: D: etc until I get all my SpartaDos stuff copied to the CF card..

So I have the new revised version of

FAT32 loader from Atarimax ---

MYDOS partitions with the MYBIOS II on cartridge ---

SDX445 partitions with the SDX-F2.ROM loaded via the BOOT-SDX on the cartridge menu of MYIDE II.

Later I will bring the CF card to PC and Format and copy alot of my game.xex files to the FAt32 portion..

• Like 1

Version #4.

-Full ATARIMAX fat32-loader support.

(latest version PRE08S included)

-Fixed some cartridge-detection-issues in the R2-rom.

-Fixed some issues with the reset-menu.

-Added "restart <any> cartridge" when "powerup" is selected.

MyBIOS for MyIDE-II

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7109#p7109

• Like 1

How's the built-in FAT loader supposed to work? It says there's no FAT32 partition on my card, and yet there is one...

After INIT in the MyIDE-MENU, you need to formatted it FAT32 on the PC.

Copy some XEX-files on it. Then it should work.

Be sure to format FAT32, I did a quick format once and had the same issue.

Seems that the quick format did NTFS :(

I gues you should use Manual Init to install a APT partition in the MBR for use with SDX/MYIDE.SYS

(Default: APT is off)

Edited by mr-atari

Hi,

Received my cart a few days ago. LOVE it!

I am going to add some ATR files to the main menu that are not available as XEX files and then program my cart.

I would love suggestions on what would be "must have" ATR's to put on the main menu. Games or Utilities.

I'll probably have room for about 10 of them.

Thanks,

Doug

After INIT in the MyIDE-MENU, you need to formatted it FAT32 on the PC.

Copy some XEX-files on it. Then it should work.

Be sure to format FAT32, I did a quick format once and had the same issue.

Seems that the quick format did NTFS :(

I gues you should use Manual Init to install a APT partition in the MBR for use with SDX/MYIDE.SYS

(Default: APT is off)

Must have been the choice of CF card, since diagnostics picked up FAT partition on another card. I use only FAT32, and all cards have a partition table (usually with an APT entry as well).

I just coded up a quick SDX driver which does the power on / reset / unlock sequence necessary with this device, as per Steve's hardware docs:

post-21964-0-56632300-1356806982_thumb.jpg

Quite impressive read speeds.

Stability wise, I tested the cartridge (using the same CF card featured in the above test) on a 64KB 600XL (otherwise stock), and the soft-driver worked but the identify device string came out as garbage. On an U1MB 130XE, however, all appears as it should. I tried it in a VBXE 1200XL, but there must have been some power draw issues, as half the time the VBXE wouldn't power up with this cart inserted (AVR LED would flash on then go out).

I'll put this driver out tomorrow unless I run into issues.

EDIT: Only CF / SD adapter I have doesn't work and failed the transfer test in the supplied diagnostics. Shame... :(

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 2

I have a green (hongkong) CF/SD adapter.

Seems to work great, using your current MYIDE.SYS driver.

Same speed as your screenshot, almost 70 kb/s

The MyBIOS will switch on/off the device for you, when you use SIO /A

For users that run SDX without MyBIOS, the bootloader switches on the media once.

A pity SDX has it's own KEYIRQ so with F2 from cartridge, HELP and other functions won't work....

You need to enter SETUP and select your SDX-CONFIG partition before booting into SDX.

Anyhow, looking forward to the new driver.

Edited by mr-atari

According to sijmen, the current sdx driver already works with myide 2.

But I think it lacks support for the ramdisk and swapping cf cards?

I don't know anything about the MyBIOS RAMdisk, but you can just use RAMDISK.SYS with the SDX driver. The reason the old driver works is that the cart powers up the card before the driver gets control. I've nearly finished a version of the SDX driver which handles the card unlocking itself, so doesn't need any assistance in the matter (i.e. SDX works "stand-alone" with the HDD, and hot-swapping is supported).

Edited by flashjazzcat