IGNORED

Found these two consoles for $5 each at a Thrift Store today--any info?

storino03

Thrift Store:

$5 each

Cosmetically, both are in great shape. They use those huge C and/or D batteries and might be able to use a ac adapter as well. Other than that, they use RF.

Anyone know what their values are? I'm assuming not a whole lot, but I don't even see any past ebay or previous sale listings online

post-34315-0-75166800-1350707407_thumb.jpg

post-34315-0-11114500-1350707424_thumb.jpg

I have the APF TV fun, I've found two, one didn't work. I paid $5 each as well IIRC. I don't think they're worth a whole heck of a lot more than that. There were so many companies making these. Certain ones like Atari and coleco branded units do sell for more but these generic ones, not so much IMO. I have no idea about the speedway. Looks interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSbeyjANw2U

Edited by AtariLeaf

I've been looking for a Speedway for years. I hate you. :P :-D I believe it was only released in Canada and was actually a clone of a system by Universal Research, and is relatively unusual.

The other one is a Sears-licensed version of the APF TV Fun. Pretty nice unit, but nothing special.

• Like 1

Well there ya go Storino, looks like the Speedway may be worth something :)

Yeah, $5. :P

Their value is tough to judge. They don't turn up very often, but they're not really sought-after. I'd pay around $35 for one. That's probably pretty lowball, but maybe not. You could try to price it at $50 or $75+, but you'd probably be sitting on it for a while. As Sears Speedways go, it's the Atari-designed/manufactured Speedway IV that's worth a bit.

:)

Bitter irony. I actually spent the weekend thrifting with my wife, for the first time in a long time (she's a teacher in the 'hood, and she actually gets a lot of stuff for her students at thrifts, like supplies and clothes). Never saw any Speedway systems. :mad: :P

I did find a Tac-2 joystick, though. :-D

Do you mind me asking where you found it? (Don't worry, I'm not gonna go blow up your spot; I have neither the time, cash, or inclination to be hitting up thrifts all over town all the time. :) )

Thrift Store:

$5 each

Cosmetically, both are in great shape. They use those huge C and/or D batteries and might be able to use a ac adapter as well. Other than that, they use RF.

Anyone know what their values are? I'm assuming not a whole lot, but I don't even see any past ebay or previous sale listings online

Nice find on that Speedway. I too found a Speedway with box (I guess about 10 year ago now) at a thrift store. Don't really remember what I paid for it. I still have it. Did yours come with the box as well?

Edited by pboland

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring back this topic. I still have both of them, one in a cabinet and the other on a mantel (same exact places from 1.5 years ago). I still haven't tested them because I don't have those big batteries (and if I bought some, they would only get used for this purpose),

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive Never Seen either of those before, but I have seen the normal APF version. I bought an APF 402 Sportarama with controllers and lightgun from an Electronics and scrap metal Recycler for $10. anything interesting like that they set aside in their "Second Chance" resale lot. I go there often. Got an Atari 400 Computer and a bunch of joysticks there, same price. both worked

post-23828-0-49796800-1446773034_thumb.jpg

Edited by Polybius