IGNORED

OSS 4 IN 1 Supercart Express Interest Thread

santosp

Before some time I opened a new topic to ask about your preferences on any reproduction of old cartridges. Although thought cause most would like one or the other game with a pleasure decal and or manual, from your answers understand cause isn't so necessary nowadays due the exist of multi cartridges.

From the other side, language or utility carts is more necessary, mainly for its rarity and high cost when and if are available. A second reason is cause isn't 100% compatible or no at all from multicarts.

With the help of rdea6 -thank you Roy- I see a very interest project from a member here the retrobit.

This is a personal project from the past where he call '4 in 1 OSS super cartridge".

He use the main pcb of OSS, with a bigger eprom as to place the data contents from all 4 cartridges above.

Action!

MAC/65

Basic XL

Basic XE

http://www.retrobits...i/osshack.shtml

Mainly with his help, or better because of him, or maybe his kindness, :-D -really Dave I don’t know how to start-, ;) I decide to redesign the original pcb from OSS and make this 4 in 1 cart possible to anyone who want it. Maybe I will include also the Writer's Tool from them as a fifth option, but this require a bigger eprom and one more dip switch. I dont know for now........

Sure is the pcb will be manufactured with electroless nickel immersion gold technology, and as enclosure will be used the same from S/XEG ram cart.

Retrobit has sent me from his carts, the original working and tested dumping roms, as to use for this cartridge. Also I plan to make a decal for that, based on original.

Retrobit has sent me also images of the original disks and manual scans, for every one title! ;)

Although I would like to print also the manuals as a full repro set, you will understand this isn't possible mainly for its weight!!!! Will cost a lot of money to ship anywhere.

If finally agreed, I can provide personal to each prospective buyer.

I dont know what exact will be the final price, but I can speculate somewhere between 30 to 40 euro, depending on the number of units. :thumbsup:

So, please express your interest here, as to see if this project can be performed.

P.S

One more time I must thanks public the Retrobit member. Without his help this project could never be realized.

Edited by santosp

I would only be interested if when I switch the cart to Mac/65 the cart is indeed 100% (and I really mean 100%!) compatible with the original oss Mac/65 cart.

I want to be able to switch the cart on and off using Qmeg menu, which works perfect with the original OSS Mac/65 cart. This feature does not work with the Atarimax Flash card, so that is why I ask this now.

If it will work, then count me in for let's say two carts.

Are these going to have the very small dip switches that you used on the S/XEGS? Those do not look very durable (IMO).

-Larry

Look in case of S/XEGS cart, the most of times only one from these the "Write" need to change its position. And this not frequently but when you need to write something new on your cart. For me with my little fingernail and minimum force, isn't problem at all. ;)

But with 4 in1 OSS cart, will need very frequently to change from one to the other utility, and for that I will use 2x real tactile mini switches. ;)

Interest  List

Edited by santosp

Today while searching in web for any Synassembler material, I get on this.

http://wiki.strotman... of ACTION Cart

Original schematics for the OSS single eprom cartridge. A good way to verify my manual decoding of pcb to schematic.

I see cause everything went well, except from one point who in reality, is original designer fault. Above also is mine with the correction.

actioncart

Edited by santosp