IGNORED

(solved) Titlescreen Editor DPC+ problem

iesposta

Get rid of this bit: "const scorepointers=player1x". Its not needed anymore and conflicts with the fix in the latest version.

Is that the only change that needs to be made? I haven't tested vbb with titlescreen 1.1 so if that's all that is needed, that is pretty simple. Is there an easy way to detect if somebody is using 1.1 vs. 1.0?

-Jeff

It's the only change that needs to be made to use 1.1 with 1.0 features.

The main added features for 1.1 were optional playfield backdrop for the bitmaps and the player minikernel, but it's easy enough for people to add those in once they have the rest of the titlescreen done with the vbb editor.

1.1 has a unique file titlescreen/asm/dpcfix.asm. Its presence can be used as the basis for auto-detection.

It's the only change that needs to be made to use 1.1 with 1.0 features.

The main added features for 1.1 were optional playfield backdrop for the bitmaps and the player minikernel, but it's easy enough for people to add those in once they have the rest of the titlescreen done with the vbb editor.

1.1 has a unique file titlescreen/asm/dpcfix.asm. Its presence can be used as the basis for auto-detection.

Yeah cool I was just looking through the docs and source and noticed the 5 use case and the dpcfix.asm sourcefile. I was hoping for a version number in a comment somewhere. Something to add for the next update ;)

-Jeff

• 1 year later...

Thank you Jeff.

But I have version 566 and here is the code I get when I select DPC+ in titlescreen editor and I click View .bas:

rem Original code by RevEng

rem http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/169819-the-titlescreen-kernel/page__hl__titlescreen%20kernel

rem *** any romsize should work

set kernel DPC+

goto StartInBank2 bank2

bank 2

const scorepointers=player1x

temp1 = temp1

StartInBank2

Are you sure you have it set to point to the latest version of the titlescreen kernel? The titlescreen editor searches the titlescreen folder for asm\dpcfix.asm. If it finds it, it knows to omit that line. If it doesn't, it assumes you're using 1.0.

-Jeff

Thank you for the explanation.

Very strange, asm/dpcfix.asm is in my titlescreen folder.

When I click "Preview", I get the following message:

Missing titlescreen source

Could not locate titlescreen source directory. Would you like to set the location now?

And I select titlescreen 1.4 folder.

Perhaps VisualbB doesn't find the right folder when it searches for dpcfix.asm.