IGNORED

Selling up

monkeycakesoup

Hi all,

I have not been on here for a while, I sold all my Atari gear a while back to a friend but then I ended up getting it back, Long story, Anyway it's all up for sale again if anyone is interested. Loads of stuff...800XL with 3 operating systems, Boxed1050 with Happy and U.S doubler and hundreds and hundreds of discs and rare carts. Thanks all.

Hi all,

I have not been on here for a while, I sold all my Atari gear a while back to a friend but then I ended up getting it back, Long story, Anyway it's all up for sale again if anyone is interested. Loads of stuff...800XL with 3 operating systems, Boxed1050 with Happy and U.S doubler and hundreds and hundreds of discs and rare carts. Thanks all.

is there a list?

• Like 1

99% of the games are 'back ups' and it would take me about 4 years to list them all. There is other stuff too like a 1010 tape recorder and tapes plus a few books. The only real rare carts are the Spartados and MAC/65 ones which have the books too. I would like this lot to go as one lot and since it's a lot of stuff I would like to keep it as a U.K only sale. Price wise, Well im open to offers.

99% of the games are 'back ups' and it would take me about 4 years to list them all. There is other stuff too like a 1010 tape recorder and tapes plus a few books. The only real rare carts are the Spartados and MAC/65 ones which have the books too. I would like this lot to go as one lot and since it's a lot of stuff I would like to keep it as a U.K only sale. Price wise, Well im open to offers.

You wouldn't happen to know Andrew Thompson would you (of Twaugs mapping the atari xl/e fame), i believe he's from your neck of the woods (cwmbran if i recall correctly, unless he's moved)

You wouldn't happen to know Andrew Thompson would you (of Twaugs mapping the atari xl/e fame), i believe he's from your neck of the woods (cwmbran if i recall correctly, unless he's moved)

Can't say I know him but Cwmbran is just down the road from me. As for taking photos I'll try and sort my camera lead out and climb into the spare room. I just remembered that I have a box full of Page 6 discs too and another big box full of blanks.

• 3 weeks later...

To list all the games/software would take several months. Theres a large plastic under-bed storage box which is full of games on disc. Theres also a box full of utilities for the Happy drive, Rob C stuff etc and MAC/64 and Spartados carts and books. Theres also a large box full of Page 6 discs too. The 800XL works fine and has 3 O/S and the boxed 1050 works fine and has the Happy and U.S Doubler chip. 1010 tape deck and joysticks/tapes etc. Still open to offers but would prefer collection as theres so much of it :)

To list all the games/software would take several months. Theres a large plastic under-bed storage box which is full of games on disc. Theres also a box full of utilities for the Happy drive, Rob C stuff etc and MAC/64 and Spartados carts and books. Theres also a large box full of Page 6 discs too. The 800XL works fine and has 3 O/S and the boxed 1050 works fine and has the Happy and U.S Doubler chip. 1010 tape deck and joysticks/tapes etc. Still open to offers but would prefer collection as theres so much of it :)

The 1050 can't use both the Happy & US Doubler upgrades at the same time, do you mean that while one upgrade is installed the other un-installed upgrade is also included?

No, the lazer was a device made / distributed by The Kent Team and was a Happy Rip off.

I was once blamed as being the man behind it, which I was not, I do know who was responsible but nothing to do with me personally.

I just got a discount on it :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

It has 2 toggle switches on the front, One for on/off and the other changes from Happy to U.S Doubler. Maybe im wrong because it's been a while but it does run Happy games I know that.

I actually have one of these drives with the controller. Here's a description.

1050 Controller

The 1050 Controller was a small board that was installed inside the 1050 Happy drive that had 2 switches and an led that allowed enabling or disabling disk write-protect to override the notch in the disk. It also allowed switch selection of a slower mode to provide compatibility with some picky programs. Some commercial software only ran in the original slow speed mode. The controller required a mechanical modification to the drive's enclosure and hence its installation was harder that the happy board.

It has 2 toggle switches on the front, One for on/off and the other changes from Happy to U.S Doubler. Maybe im wrong because it's been a while but it does run Happy games I know that.

What you have is most likely a Happy upgrade with the controller option, pictured below.

post-26063-0-77692300-1352932607_thumb.jpg

The top switch allows selecting High or Low speed, and the 3 position switch selects Write Enabled/Disabled/Normal modes.

In normal mode the write protection status uses the write protect notch on the disk.

The Happy upgrade is superior to the US Doubler, it gives all the features of the USD plus the ability to copy many copy-protected disks. I believe the only advantage the USD has is a slightly faster maximum speed, 54K baud vs. Happy's 52K baud.

Mcleaneinc, i was following on from R6502a's comment, since he's in london and the seller is the other side of the m4 (and going by my exp. of selling over 200 tapes to someone north of the border i know that it would have been expensive, since i was quoted well over 75.00 GBP, though this was some years ago)

PS, I had a lazer upgraded 1050 (or to give it the full name, warp lazer) I was told that hyperdrive (by blittersoft) was basically another name for lazer/warp lazer

• 4 weeks later...

Well since digging all my Atari gear out and messing about with it for a while I have decided to keep it all and I now have it all set up again, I think I caught the Atari bug again. Going back to my 1050 drive, I opened it up and it has a large board soldered into the PCB with 3 large chips on it, I know one of the chips is from the drive and the other two? I don't know. Any ideas?

post-26779-0-39954000-1355412081_thumb.jpg

Edited by monkeycakesoup

I don't know how people expect to sell stuff when they neither list what they have or bother to take a picture.

Why don't I just light another cigar with this £50 I have falling out my pocket :lol:

My guess is that people just like stringing others along. I can't tell you how many times I get a reply to a post in which I'm looking for something, they tell me they have it, then after a dance of several emails decide they can't part with it. It's like they want you to know they have it or in the case of this post they just want responses (discussions sake?).

Which I've found typically amounts to they really don't have much.

Like recently someone here posting that they had tons of rare software. When asked, something like 6-10 posts later they state that they really don't have anything. I mean, really.

My guess is that people just like stringing others along. I can't tell you how many times I get a reply to a post in which I'm looking for something, they tell me they have it, then after a dance of several emails decide they can't part with it. It's like they want you to know they have it or in the case of this post they just want responses (discussions sake?).

Which I've found typically amounts to they really don't have much.

Like recently someone here posting that they had tons of rare software. When asked, something like 6-10 posts later they state that they really don't have anything. I mean, really.

Oi, quit talking trash about me :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you do decide to sell up again then let me know. I've got the bug big time right now and though a relative novice to the Atari 8-Bit scene I'm keen to expand my knowledge quickly. I don't know whether you are North or South Wales but North is handy for me whereas if you are in the South then I have a friend who could come and view.

Some pics first would be a must though so that we know if the drive is worth our time.

• 4 years later...