IGNORED

Slightly reworked Ghosthouse game if your interested

Retrospect

I think I began programming the TI-59 calculator first. Then at around much the same time I bought the relatively expensive Basic Programming for the Atari 2600. Two keypads joined together with some awkward schemes of input. Now here comes available memory ... 63 symbols (guess that bytes or a bit less). Very limited and slow, so it was useless after about half an hour.

http://www.atariage....twareLabelID=16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP1M2bgsSWg

I like your idea Matthew. Yeah , busy lives can get in the way of this hobby. For me, it's more 'family obligation' shit. I have a missus who claims * not * to be annoyed by the sound of the TI99's BEEP upon boot-up. (well, Classic99, I don't use real hardware, no space as yet). She lies. She hates Beep.

I would love to enter any of my games for a competition, or write a new one. What would you suggest, another 'crap game' competition? (most of mine would fit into that splendidly!) :P

I like your idea Matthew. Yeah , busy lives can get in the way of this hobby. For me, it's more 'family obligation' shit. I have a missus who claims * not * to be annoyed by the sound of the TI99's BEEP upon boot-up. (well, Classic99, I don't use real hardware, no space as yet). She lies. She hates Beep.

I would love to enter any of my games for a competition, or write a new one. What would you suggest, another 'crap game' competition? (most of mine would fit into that splendidly!) :P

You can, of course, mute the sound or use earphones. Not the same, I suppose. :grin:

...lee

• Like 1

Keep on coding on TI !!! it's a pleasure to see all your games every week..;and for me, coding for pleasure is the best hobby !

• Like 1

I thought it was dead/cancelled??

I don't think people have enough knowledge about TurboForth to be able to do anything useful with it. That's my fault, because I haven't finished the book. I haven't finished the book because TF is still maturing. V1.2 will be the last TurboForth release. I'm done!

Personally I like the active development threads with a bit of ping pong (feedback and ideas), instead of the now more common big bang releases (like Legend of Beryl Reichardt vs. Riding for the Brand – sorry Owen). I know lack of time may make you more comfortable with the big bang, but I like an active forum – even if there’s a lot of hot air not amounting to many actual/final releases.

:-D

Edited by sometimes99er

I thought it was dead/cancelled??

I don't think people have enough knowledge about TurboForth to be able to do anything useful with it. That's my fault, because I haven't finished the book. I haven't finished the book because TF is still maturing. V1.2 will be the last TurboForth release. I'm done!

My fault if it has been cancelled. Sorry.

edit: Doesn't say so in the competition thread. Does it ?

Edited by sometimes99er

:-D haha karsten you are funny.

Hey you say Ghosthouse is your kids favourite game on the TI ... that's made me smile.

I like that.

GHOST2.zip <------ try this one , its slightly different :)

Slightly reworked Ghosthouse game if your interested

So you're throwing in those fuckin' sprites again.

:ahoy:

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 1