IGNORED

My video game collection! (Nowhere near as cool as most)

DestinedCruz

Here's the current state of my video game collection! It's nowhere near as awesome as some of the others on here (like Tempest's for instance), but I'm still pretty proud of it. It is currently all set up in the living room of my apartment, much to my girlfriend's dismay. Hey, at least my friends like it!

Here's all of my classic consoles. The ones on the shelf there are the ones that get the most love, played at least once a month (though the NES, SNES and Genesis are usually a few times a week). The system at the bottom of the shelf for those that don't know is a Sega CD/Genesis combo unit made by JVC called the X'eye. The NES toploader there is unofficial, because my regular NES is currently out of commission. The systems on the floor live on another shelf in the other corner of the living room that is currently a complete mess :D

qUr5Z.jpg

The other main consoles are right here. Mine and my roommate's PS3s, along with his Wii. The 2600 usually sits up on top when playing but it looked better down there for the photo.

H1Uk8.jpg

All of my cartridge games live up here to the right of the TV along with my older handhelds. Sadly most of this stuff is without boxes, because it's *really* hard to find boxed stuff used in this part of Wisconsin.

WWNjg.jpg

Here's a better angle for the Atari stuff and my few Intellivision games (forgot to snap a picture of my Intellivision though I'll add it later, it's currently at work on display with my Light Sixer 2600). Along with my PSX/Dreamcast stuff and also the few PS2 games I actually wanted to keep are here as well as the pitiful remains of my PS3 games (I prefer digital for the newer consoles because the games just aren't that valuable to me right now). The shelf underneath is my roommate's 360 games.

fMCfI.jpg

A few collector's editions I have picked up over time. The cool thing about these is I have never paid a penny extra for any of them over the regular price of the games themselves.

bdnm3.jpg

My PC games that I actually have boxed (mostly older stuff and random freebies), once again I prefer digital distribution for new PC games.

kDN1Z.jpg

I also collect strategy guides! I buy them for my favourite games, and if I can get my hands on one for anything else for free/stupid cheap I'll take it. I never actually read them until after I have finished the game however. They're just like an extension of an enjoyable game for me. Sadly my Dark Souls guide is currently at work.

iqZgX.jpg

Hope you like what you see here! I'm a huge gaming nut in general and I am really passionate about playing as well as collecting.

EDIT: Oh right, almost forgot. Here's my Light Sixer sitting on a counter at work with my Jr.

AVkJh.jpg

Edited by DestinedCruz

Haha, not sure about competition but I work at Gaming Generations on Water Street. I'm the British guy with the short light brown hair. If you've been there at all, you've probably seen me.

I've been there a few times, next time I stop by I'll look for you. Your store needs some more Genesis love!

We got some more Genesis stuff in over the weekend thanks to the guy that used to own Chaos on Clairemont, but I picked out some of the better stuff already. Though we do have a Contra: Hard Corps, Shinobi III and Sonic 2 in at the moment. I would jump on that Contra, but I can't afford it right now.