IGNORED

Geneve 2 Phoenix?

slinkeey

He's still working on it.

This from the 8th August:

"Things are going well. Too busy at work as always but it makes the days pass.

The Geneve II FPGA programming issue is solved. I had to go onto the Altera forums and spend a lot of time to fix this but it is only a small mod to the pcb so easily doable.

I have also tried to get the 9995 into the first FPGA and it is almost there from a timing point of view. To begin with the system failed by 120 ns and after a week or two hacking the design and telling the Altera tool about the expected timing it is down to failing by 8 ns. This 8 ns is down to me trying to be smart ( should have known better ). I am trying to find out if a dram access is required in 5 ns from the 9995 setting the address bus and this is taking 13 ns presently so I will have to try some design optimisation etc to get this working. If I can sort this then the Altera tool recons that the DDR will be 144MHz and the 9995 core ( 16 bit interfaces ) will be 72MHz which is what I was designing for."

Any idea if the 9995 was implemented in the MIST FPGA?

Beery

• 1 month later...

I have reached out to the developer (Gary) a few times in the last year, most recent a couple of months ago. I have not heard of an update as of yet. As soon as I do I will post here.

However, Gary did send me all the code he used to develop this as the design is on a FPGA board and gave me permission to see if I could port it to the MiST. I need to find it, maybe it could be adapted for use on the MiSTer FPGA system.

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 1

I have reached out to the developer (Gary) a few times in the last year, most recent a couple of months ago. I have not heard of an update as of yet. As soon as I do I will post here.

However, Gary did send me all the code he used to develop this as the design is on a FPGA board and gave me permission to see if I could port it to the MiST. I need to find it, maybe it could be adapted for use on the MiSTer FPGA system.

What is the MiST ?

• 1 year later...
On 6/5/2019 at 10:12 PM, Shift838 said:

Just looking to see if you ever found the code and what became of it.  Might be good to have for historical reasons.

Beery

• Like 3