IGNORED

Tooth Protectors up on ebay.

dobidy

• 1 month later...

BOY AM I GULLIBLE!

After so many years buying and selling I should know better.....but after the auction I agreed to ship the Tooth Protectors to the buyer in Germany. He was insistant on getting the cheapest shipping rate. I advised I would not ship it without tracking and insurance and he agreed to waive claim if it did not arrive. I took a photo of the item at the post office with the Canadapost labels stamped to it and a photo of the receipt.

A little of our email conversation:

Me:

"Greetings, As stated I do not give refunds or guarantee delivery if this is uninsured. I will bill this to you if you agree. I am not responsible for non-delivery and WILL NOT REFUND IF IT DOES NOT ARRIVE."

Buyer:

"I understand. The only thing that I can count on is that you can demonstrate in case of delivery that you have send it by post to my adress.

I fully understand your responsibility"

Me:

"For shipping you have some options. Please let me know which you prefer. With no tracking number and insurance I do not guarantee delivery or offer refunds."

Buyer: "please charge me with the 17,76 option."

Me :

"Pictures of items sent. As agreed you opted for the cheapest method I was unable to get a tracking number. I will refund partial postage when item arrives. Please email when it does."

He has done business with other AA members so I thought sure why not TRUST the email agreement. Now it sits with Paypal to decide.....most likely I will take a loss on the cart.

It was shipped out November 7th....Canadapost gives you 3 to 14 business days for delivery...to play it safe I would guess about 6 weeks to get there. So he did jump the gun a bit on filing a claim. I am well within the timeframe for delivery. It happens when you are too cheap to pay for the insurance....insured it would have been around $35. I would hope it does arrive before the Dec 20th Paypal cutoff.

I have done a lot of business overseas as a buyer and seller and the reality is sometimes you have to wait. I have only had one item lost as a seller in over 10 years and one as a buyer. I have had items sit in customs for a long time.

I would really prefer if he got the cart. I am not taking a huge loss other than the postage and original cost of the cart.

I am not the type of person who would not follow through with an agreement once struck.

Damn this would sh*t me!

I send a fair few of my overseas ebay sales via the cheapest airmail option available as requested by the buyer - so long as I state clearly in an ebay message to them that it is their wish for the item to be sent unregisted and untracked and that I will not be responsible for any losses or damages - and so long as they confirm this back with a reply message. (and as long as they have a decent feedback rating). To date I have never had a problem.

I also often ask sellers to send me items via the cheapest airmail option and state to them that I will not put in a claim if the item gets lost. I have also never had a problem to date with this method.

But to think someone would fully accept the risks and then not keep their word would anger me to no end!!! And what's worse is that this guy has barely given enough time for the item to arrive... it has probably just been delayed somewhere along the line... what an ass!!!

I'd be interested to hear how the dispute is decided - particularly since the seller asked you to use the cheapest option, and you highlighted the risks and passed the responsibility over to them - and they accepted the tems in a message back to you. It would be a case study for my own methods.

If they win the case and/or leave negative feedback, you ought to tell us their username for everyone to avoid.

• 2 weeks later...

******UPDATE**********

Cart arrived albeit a couple of weeks late, as expected with the holiday season and overseas shipping.

arinaga8 has made good with the payment. I refunded a portion of the shipping due to an oversight on my end. Problem resolved.

Edited by dobidy
  • Like 1

******UPDATE**********

Cart arrived albeit a couple of weeks late, as expected with the holiday season and overseas shipping.

arinaga8 has made good with the payment. I refunded a portion of the shipping due to an oversight on my end. Problem resolved.

Great to hear it all worked out for you!

Still doesn't excuse them for being an ass!