IGNORED

ABBUC Software Contest 2012 - Results

skr

Here are the official results of the ABBUC Software Contest 2012 as voted at the 27th yearly meeting on Oct 27:

1. Ridiculous Reality - 423 Punkte

credits:

programming - Martin 'MatoSimi' Šimeček

graphics - Adam Wachowski, Adam 'Ooz' Powroźnik

music - Michał 'stRing' Radecki

2. Callisto - 387 Punkte - Jason Kelk

3. Asteroids Emulator - 369 Punkte - Norbert Kehrer

4. MazezaM - 344 Punkte - xxl

5. HAR'em - 298 Punkte - Morons of H.A.R

6. Caterpillar - 218 Punkte - Holger Bommer

7. Keep on Koastin - 204 Punkte - Jason Kendall

8. Voyager - 190 Punkte - Frank Cernese

9. OTA Nokia Viewer - 185 Punkte - Sikorsoft

All participants should have received a notification email. If not, please contact me.

Thank you all for participation!

Yeah. Congratulations.

I wonder (or not) about the position of each contestant, as I could have placed bets for exactly that placing order ...

What you thought I wouldn't take my usual last place :D

Great work Guys, I think the top three are where I placed them too.

> 4. MazezaM - 344 Punkte

:-) thanks :-)

here version with:

1. SELECT for level skip

2. HSC

3. I/O Music

Level skip is great - might have got you more votes if it was in the entry!!! (now go and patch Chopin and fix the speed on Appler Invaders when you have 1 invader left please please please ;) )

Hope other programmers are working on improved versions too (especially Matsosimi on a level skip for RR - c'mon!) :)

My game Keep on Koastin' is fairly difficult but once you get the hang of it you should manage a few levels - note it is not just another snake game; you ride on the Koaster :D

Thanks again to all those who entered and the abbuc guys (and members) for supporting Atari 8-bit so well :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What you thought I wouldn't take my usual last place :D

I was sure from the beginning.

My game Keep on Koastin is fairly difficult but once you get the hang of it you should manage a few levels - note it is not just another snake game; you ride on the Koaster :D

First I thought it is too easy, but you have to keep concentration extremely high and that makes it somewhat difficult.

I like Voyager very much too, but it is too easy. It only takes me 5 - 10 minutes to win. But a nice game and as it is BASIC, it might easily be modified. But KI is the hardest thing to code. btw: Frank, my email bounced, did you receive a notification email from me?

Also thanks to Sikorsoft: As Games are preferred by most users, it is hard to get points for a tool. Especially if it is about a very specific topic.

The Morons of H.A.R. already announced, that there will be a more finalised version of HARem with two levels, sound, better FX and all by the mid of November. Looking forward to that one too.

Thank you all for participating!

• Like 1

Hope other programmers are working on inmproved versions too (especially Matsosimi on a level skip for RR - c'mon!) :)

Once i've released something it feckin' well stays released unless a fatal bug shows up... but although i'm making absolutely no promises and to what, when or indeed where, i have been heard uttering the phrase Callisto 2 a few times over the last couple of weeks.

As for positions... to be honest, i was expecting about fourth so second surprised the heck out of me! =-)

• Like 1

Great work by all of the coders! Thanks for giving us new toys for our beloved ATARI :)

Congrats for the winning entry!

This game let my son ask for having it on his NDS. He is proud now, that only he has this one - his friends not :) (even if PokeyDS is that slow, it´s playable).

My game Keep on Koastin is fairly difficult but once you get the hang of it you should manage a few levels - note it is not just another snake game; you ride on the Koaster :D

It reminded me of the intermission in 'Rainbow Walker' (if that anybody helps to catch the principle).

Keep on!

Also thanks to Sikorsoft: As Games are preferred by most users, it is hard to get points for a tool. Especially if it is about a very specific topic.

Thanks. 185 points it's good result for this little tool.

I'll try write something biggest for next year - for now I don't know yet, that will be game or other tool ;)

It would be nice if ABBUC had a page with all ABBUC's contests and all results together with screenshots.

You are absolutely right. I am working on this, but please give me some more time. It has to be implemented into the existing website and that currently is not too easy. I will try to make at create a simple overview in the next days, but please don´t push me. My schedule is quite full for the rest of this year.

Hello guys (m/f)

The right to publish the software stays with the programmers. ABBUC has to right to publish it first, to it's members. But the overall right to publish stays with the programmers. So all Sascha can do, is make a page with links to the software, with some text and (moving) pictures. But the software itself can not be put on that page unless the programmer(s) give ABBUC permission to do so.

Mathy

Hello guys (m/f)

The right to publish the software stays with the programmers. ABBUC has to right to publish it first, to it's members. But the overall right to publish stays with the programmers. So all Sascha can do, is make a page with links to the software, with some text and (moving) pictures. But the software itself can not be put on that page unless the programmer(s) give ABBUC permission to do so.

Mathy

Every year the same words. It could be so easy. Change the rules to "ABBUC has the rights to publish it first to it's members and second to the public". I know no contestant who hasn't released his entry to the public. Why shouldn't ABBUC do this? At least more interesting public downloads will improve the abbuc homepage, which is now not very interesting except the forum and the member download.

It reminded me of the intermission in 'Rainbow Walker' (if that anybody helps to catch the principle).

Keep on!

Rumbled :D

Thanks. 185 points it's good result for this little tool.

I'll try write something biggest for next year - for now I don't know yet, that will be game or other tool ;)

Game :D

More Calliso feedback - also liked the use of the dead end in level 3 but you could still avoid it - wish the levels were longer but understand the limits - spot on game and controls :thumbsup:

On behalf of Ridiculous Reality team I would like to thank for all the votes.

Congratulations to other participants, obviously it was not an easy victory...

Yeah, it would be great to see an official contest page with results, screenshots and game decriptions - some text and pictures. But I'm not pushing you, Sascha ;)

AW

So.. is 2nd place enough to convince people that the 'c64 crowd' do actually have a lot of love for the Atari after all, or do we have to win it next year? ;)

If you're good enough you would win the 1st place.

The A8 guys are still best, at least one... the one that win the 1st place!...

:D

Edited by José Pereira

sack, never :D no 3D used. and no mode7 plus Digis.

This is impossible to C64 guys as they just think/calculate things in pixel perfection not 2x2 and colour clocks.

I think that we will never see 'MK7' mode done by them.

(P.s.- Why don't we talk about this in a more appropriate place... T.M.R.'s site doesn't had any wars in the last Months... indeed it never had!... Spending Money and Time for a site and no 'Bloody War'!)

Edited by José Pereira