IGNORED

The Lion King NES

atari2600land

• 1 month later...

I was at Virgin at that time and I can easily tell you that we DID NOT plan any sort of Lion King NES rev. The NES was way dead by then. Though, I do seem to recall there being a version of Aladdin being thrown around, but I think they eventually killed that one as well. This would've been year or two before Lion King.

I was at Virgin at that time and I can easily tell you that we DID NOT plan any sort of Lion King NES rev. The NES was way dead by then. Though, I do seem to recall there being a version of Aladdin being thrown around, but I think they eventually killed that one as well. This would've been year or two before Lion King.

Cool, thanks for the info! So there may be an Aladdin prototype around somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...

Klove (Ken Love, I presume?), just to refresh your memory a little bit, Virgin did put out a version of Aladdin for the NES in Europe. There's a rumor that it was planned for release here as well, but that was never verified (and doesn't seem to have ever been mentioned by the press at the time).

• 1 month later...

Don't know, but Lion King's 16 bit games were down-converted to NES back then and released as a pirate game. Looked pretty good, aside from the poor colors.

it looks good but plays like crap.

I owned this gameand was really bummed out by playing it.

back then, I had a snes and genesis which had better version.

I liked the SNES version better cause of the sound.