IGNORED

Recommendations for must-have 1P INTV games?

DoctorTom

OK...so I was never a huge Intellivision fan, simply because I just could not get past the crazy control scheme. But I am a huge DK fan and so just recently bought a refurbished Sears Super Video Aracde, in order to be able to play D2K Arcade.

What I am wondering is, now that I have the system, what would you recommend as the must-have SINGLE PLAYER games? (Sorry if this is too broad a question, but I am totally starting from scratch here).

Thanks in advance!

On top of many recommended already, I'd suggest Lock'n'Chase, Atlantis, Beauty and the Beast, Buzz Bombers, Commando, Dig Dug, Diner, Dreadnaught Factor, He Man, Ice Trek, Qbert, River Raid, Safecracker, Super Cobra, Swords and Serpents, Thin Ice, Thunder Castle, Tower of Doom, and if you're a sports fan at all, and I am, the 1P versions are excellent - World Championship Baseball, Super Pro Football, Slam Dunk Basketball, Mountain Madness Skiing, Body Slam Wrestling, and Chip Shot Golf. That should give you a pretty good start. :-D

• Like 1

On top of many recommended already, I'd suggest Lock'n'Chase, Atlantis, Beauty and the Beast, Buzz Bombers, Commando, Dig Dug, Diner, Dreadnaught Factor, He Man, Ice Trek, Qbert, River Raid, Safecracker, Super Cobra, Swords and Serpents, Thin Ice, Thunder Castle, Tower of Doom, and if you're a sports fan at all, and I am, the 1P versions are excellent - World Championship Baseball, Super Pro Football, Slam Dunk Basketball, Mountain Madness Skiing, Body Slam Wrestling, and Chip Shot Golf. That should give you a pretty good start. :-D

What about Super NFL Football, Minesweeper, Spina or Tutankham?

OK...so I was never a huge Intellivision fan, simply because I just could not get past the crazy control scheme. But I am a huge DK fan and so just recently bought a refurbished Sears Super Video Aracde, in order to be able to play D2K Arcade.

What I am wondering is, now that I have the system, what would you recommend as the must-have SINGLE PLAYER games? (Sorry if this is too broad a question, but I am totally starting from scratch here).

Thanks in advance!

Welcome by the way! We were in such a rush to give you game titles you'll love playing that we forgot to actually welcome you to the greatest INTV forum on the interwebs. Stay around, you'll have fun...and probably be able to pick up games for a lot cheaper than ebay from reliable sellers who are huge INTV nuts as well.

Welcome!

Burgertime (best made port of the original 125, great replayability)

Bump and Jump (another great port, addictive!)

AD&D: Treasure of Tarmin (if you like RPGs, it was way ahead of it's time)

World Championship Baseball (the one player version of Major League Baseball)

Atlantis (addictive and unique style shooter)

Astrosmash (probably the defining shooter of the INTV)

Well, if you enjoyed the craftsmanship of D2K and its high-paced arcade action, then I suggest you must get Christmas Carol. :)

Not just because I made it, I truly think it's a very good game, and lots of fun. :)

-dZ.

I'll second Carol as well ... I've only had limited time to play, but tons of fun (made it up to Icicle Lane so far!).

Thanks for the warm welcome and the recommendations thus far! I have started doing some research. :)

I will probably stick with Atari 2600/7800 and CV for multiplatform games that offer similar content, simply because of the controls. But I can't wait for Space Patrol and D2K, which offer more content than the Atari or CV counterparts. Also, I am very excited to check out all the original Intellivision titles, especially D&D/Swords and Serpents, Beauty and the Beast, Shark! Shark!, and many others. It's a whole new classic game world opened up to me, and I will certainly keep you informed! :)

Edited by DoctorTom

Welcome to Intellivision! You did the same thing I did, purchased an Intellivision because of D2K! You will not regret getting the system as it does have many excellent games and arcade ports. Never mind the excellent homebrew games which push the machine to do even more. There are plenty of game recommendations here already, so I won't add to the list. Enjoy!

Well, if you enjoyed the craftsmanship of D2K and its high-paced arcade action, then I suggest you must get Christmas Carol. :)

Not just because I made it, I truly think it's a very good game, and lots of fun. :)

-dZ.

Make it a trio with Space Patrol. The three together, along with Astrosmash and Space Spartans will give your arcade reflexes a workout.

I'll have more Space Patrol available for ordering soon....

Make it a trio with Space Patrol. The three together, along with Astrosmash and Space Spartans will give your arcade reflexes a workout.

Plus, Carol does not require the use of the Action Buttons, so you can give your sore thumbs a healing rest, in between marathons of the other games. :)

dZ.

I'll have more Space Patrol available for ordering soon....

after playing space patrol it makes me wonder why there arent any space shooters on the intv besides super cobra (yes not in space but the same concept). and i am discluding defender cause it plays differently than a traditional space shooter. if there are any others i dont know about please let me know. and if super cobra can be made, why not scramble or cosmic avenger or something like gradius.
  • Like 1