IGNORED

What are your top favourite standard releases?

TheCurlyBard

Well, I got Mr Do! and Q*bert the other day. Also snagged GORF. Mr Do! is fantastic fun, even the kids like it and they normally walk off when I get the old stuff out. GORF is pretty enjoyable as well.

Q*bert is a great port, but it may be the game that forces me to plug in an MD controller for the first time. I think the CV controller is 4 way and it doesn't work very well for precision diagonal movements that Q*bert needs.

There are so many top games for the CV, I can see myself filling the shelves with these

Well, I got Mr Do! and Q*bert the other day. Also snagged GORF. Mr Do! is fantastic fun, even the kids like it and they normally walk off when I get the old stuff out. GORF is pretty enjoyable as well.

Q*bert is a great port, but it may be the game that forces me to plug in an MD controller for the first time. I think the CV controller is 4 way and it doesn't work very well for precision diagonal movements that Q*bert needs.

There are so many top games for the CV, I can see myself filling the shelves with these

I find diagonal started to get harder to do first when a controller started failing and I have noticed that the Yurkie modified controller seemed to do diagonal a lot better. Don't know if it was just the ease of knowing you are in diagonal direction because there isn't a big disc that your moving or what the reason but I noticed it seemed to work better.

I find diagonal started to get harder to do first when a controller started failing and I have noticed that the Yurkie modified controller seemed to do diagonal a lot better.

The longer the shaft on the controller stick, the better diagonal response you will get. For the sake of this discussion, I am only referring to Coleco's Hand Controller (HC) and not any other controllers that work on the CV.

The stock Coleco HCs can be a little rough for diagonal movement, but once you get confortable with using it, diagonal movement becomes considerably easier. A major step up in responsiveness is Yurkie's refurbished and modded Ball-Knob HCs, which are all I use currently. The most responsive HCs that I have used for diagonal movement are DoubleDown's Pac-Man and DK modded controllers with their extended shaft and even larger ball-knob... but I don't bring those out to play with anymore seeing that I want to keep them in pristine condtion.

Pit Fall

Pit Fall II

Pit Fall II Arcade SG-1000 remake/home brew (I need another copy!) <-- wtb

Spy Hunter

Pepper II

Looping (short but fun)

Frogger II

Jungle Hunt (I really wish they would have at least tried to get the arcade bgm tune in the CV version it was very catchy!)

Honorable Mentions

Galaxian

Defender

Front Line

Donkey Kong

Lady Bug

Subroc