IGNORED

time for another xm update?

mimo

Sweet, now the XM is doomed even before it gets shipped out, because of mouthy people on these forums. Now we've lost Curt - the only person into expanding this whole world, and PacManPlus - the best game developer for the 7800 out there, because of d-bags on this forum. Thanks Fernando - public spewing of your complaints gets us all fucked. This is the same thing that gets people on facebook in trouble, etc.....people need to shut up - complaints go a lot further when they aren't aired publicly like dirty laundry.

• Like 2

Damn, I've been really looking forward to the XM and now I'm really disappointed to know that we've not only lost Curt but also Bob and his wonderful homebrews. Even though I've been waiting since late 2010 for my XM, I've always remained patient and I will happily await its arrival on my doorstep come the beginning of February. It's a real shame it had to end like this...

I sure hope there's a "regular" web page, to order from. I realize that Facebook soaks and soils the underpants of young people, but I'd rather have a dedicated web page from a firm that I'm ordering from.

Its not done YET - www.syzygycompany.com

BUT ALL THAT MATTER IS HERE:

http://www.atarimuse.../7800/expansion

But I guess the pinned link here in the 7800 forum for XM Status updates wasn't clear enough, so there you go again

Just taking a shot at Facebook, and not at Legacy or Syzygycompany, etc. Please do not leave! DId not mean at all, to lodge criticism towards you or Marty. Take care.

There are many points of order to bring in here... but I want to start by pointing out that I came to this forum because I miss the games that I played in high school.. not the drama that I had in high school. Remember, I don't really have a dog in this fight here...

1) Bob (PacManPlus) did not throw a hissy fit and quit the forums due to a flame war. He quit because his real life career is going to require a large amount of his time and resources in the future. Far from taking his ball and going home Bob posted his source code, wished us all well, and gave us all a big hug on his way out to his new endeavors.

2) Just because someone asks about the XM does not mean that they're part of a 'conspiracy' about it. Neither Curt, Benny, Fernando, or the XM are important enough to have a conspiracy around them. Seriously, as soon as you throw that word around, you look like a convicted felon protesting his innocence. "The man was out to get me!"

3) It is not unreasonable to inquire about the lack of updates and information after it has been repeatedly promised with no follow-through. Once you give your word, you do your absolute best to keep it. Even the biggest XM hopefuls have had complaints about the lack of communication - and everyone has shown remarkable patience when that much money and time has been invested.

4) It is not unreasonable to figure that Curt has gotten in over his head with this project considering the number of delays and lack of updates involved. It is also not unreasonable to assume that this project is 'in limbo' until there's something more significant coming in the future that says otherwise. (For the record, THIS is why I don't believe the XM will actually come.)

5) Your "True Atari Fan" status is not at all dependant of if you're going to support the XM or if you're going to be against it. That is an insanely juvenile approach (on both sides) that reeks of Junior High cliquedom. We're all on the internet discussion 20 year old (or older) video-games. Our 'geek cred' is pretty damn well secure at this point.

6) If Curt manages to get this out, despite everything, then this is a good thing all around, and I promise to not only be pleasantly surprised, but buy an XM as well. Hell, if I can get the time, I'll even do an XM game myself! If it doesn't come out, there will be palpable dissapointment for a lot of fellow fans on here. It should not be used as an 'I told you so' moment, either way.

7) To Curt, your post did you no favors to anyone not already 'in your camp' and most certainly was not professional. You look like you're about to 'give an excuse' to either push back the project some more or just outright cancel it. As I said to you personally through PM some time ago, this could have all been avoided if you had kept in contact - at least as much as you repeatedly promised that you would.

There's my two pennies. Enjoy.

• Like 7

Oh Jesus Christ - CUT THE BULLSHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing went out of business for Christ Sake stop the fucking conspiracy bullshit or I swear to God the next posting will be of my renting out a fucking wood chipper and you can watch me toss every mother fucking XM into it and destroy, take your fucking money back and go to hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legacy is being replaced by Syzygy Company, nothing else is changing, no ones orders are changing, the Status is on the Status Link, that is ALL (A-L-L) that matters....

This is fucking it !!! No more work after this - I had dual pro-stick holders, a 7800 computer replica with 7800 Basic, Video Writer and other stuff -- FUCK IT ALL... I'm done after Jan 30th with all of you, GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONCE THE XM'S ARE GONE, NO MORE OF ANYTHING...

NOW I KNOW WHY BOB (PACMANPLUS) is done with developing, you fucking people take the cake and can all go to HELL !!!

You, Sir, are an absolute monk. How you took it for so long is a testament to the kind of person you are. I'd have said it months ago. It's like no one realized this was an expansion module for the ATARI 7800. An expansion module in 2012 for a system that stopped production in 1990,that was one of the least popular systems ever produced, from a videogame console company that doesn't really exist anymore. "Where's my incredibly niche product that it is a freaking miracle is even a real thing anyone, anywhere could possibly ever decide to spend ANY time, ever making. I gave you money for a frivolous, super niche novelty collectable and I expect it to be treated like any other product released by Microsoft or Apple!"

Again, Sir, how you took it for so long, without ever pointing that fact out, is beyond me.

Edited by Atarifever
  • Like 5

7) To Curt, your post did you no favors to anyone not already 'in your camp' and most certainly was not professional. You look like you're about to 'give an excuse' to either push back the project some more or just outright cancel it. As I said to you personally through PM some time ago, this could have all been avoided if you had kept in contact - at least as much as you repeatedly promised that you would.

It is amazing that, in response to the "stop the conspiracy theories and grow up" post you post a new conspiracy theory. See, this is a tiny, niche, collector product from like, two guys. Why you continue to be surprised that it is not delivered yet, and have to invent theories about it, is beyond me. HE IS MAKING AN EXPANSION MODULE FOR THE ATARI 7800. Please read that. An expansion module for the 7800! The 7800! Expansion! He's increasing the power of something less powerful than my freaking WATCH! In 2012! Stop expecting this to be the launch of the iPhone. If this takes another 20 years, don't be surprised. It was promised by Atari like 25 years ago! There might be a wait expected. Why are people surprised?

• Like 2

It is amazing that, in response to the "stop the conspiracy theories and grow up" post you post a new conspiracy theory. See, this is a tiny, niche, collector product from like, two guys. Why you continue to be surprised that it is not delivered yet, and have to invent theories about it, is beyond me.

Could you do me a quick favor and go to dictionary.com and actually look up the word conspiracy?

• Like 1

Look, you're the one who wants to pretend that there's big cabal out there that's somehow stopping Curt from doing his thing. Can I just ask you one simple question: How on God's Green Earth can anyone, even a small cabal of people, on AtariAge.com stop Curt from making the XM by posting crap on the internet? I mean, that is what it takes to be a conspiracy... and I just don't see that happening.

• Like 2

BTW - this is NOT Benny's fault, its just the last straw, this has to do with several others, specifically Fernando and several other people and I'm done.... So this is not a direct result of Benny, it just doesn't help to publicly speculate vs. directly emailing me and asking me or PM'ing me.... maybe no one figures it out yet, but all of the public speculation then turns into a public witch hunt and I'm done with it, if you can't simple send an email and ask them and get a direct answer, then sitting around coming up with conspiracy theories ends like this and here you have it, enjoy your speculation and conspiracies, now you'll have one less developer after 2013 because I'm done.

QUOTE: "... So this is not a direct result of Benny"

Seriously??? I asked a question Curt, and it was a fair one. Don't include me as even a portion of your rage...you are quite aware that my question had nothing to do with it. I stand by my decision to ask my question, as it was a quite valid one.

Curt: if you think that you and your business shouldn't be held to the exact same expectations of everyone else out there who sells a product, please explain why? When selling a product, customers WILL ask questions about their orders...especially when the product ordered is going past two years of production delays. You should also expect customers to raise an eyebrow when they find out that the company they originally purchased from is GONE, and at the same time, the whole company website (store and all) goes offline. Does it really make me crazy for thinking that my order might be in Jeopardy???

Think about this Curt...I placed an order in a storefront that is now gone! How would this make you feel in any given purchasing situation? Would you just take it on faith that your purchase was still safe? How about a week later?

When you order something from an online retail store, you typically receive emails that confirm your order and tell you when to expect your product. If there is a delay, you get updates. I have never before had to hunt around for morsels of information telling me where my order stands. What exactly makes Legacy Engineering any different than ordering from Atari2600.com??? I understand that this is a homebrew hardware project, and as I said earlier, I am in no rush. I just wanted to know where my order stands.

I never said HURRY UP. Never.

I never said CURT IS OUT OF BUSINESS. Never.

I asked a question, and your answer was full of rage and expletives...IMHO, quite uncalled for. I asked about the status of my order. I am your customer Curt, so I feel I have a right to ask such questions. How dare you pin your frustrations on me. I never did anything but support you, from the day I sent you my money all the way up to the present. How dare you??? So now you're going to "take your ball and go home" because I asked if my order was still intact??? Are you serious Curt? Either I missed the XM Kool Aid party or i'm seriously loosing my marbles.

AGAIN:

I asked a question about my order.

Your website is gone.

Legacy Engineering no longer exists.

I AM A CUSTOMER OF LEGACY ENGINEERING.

What the heck did I ever say that is so taboo?

For all of you who were so quick to jump on me in reaction to Curt's post...shame on you as well. Don't make me out to be some kind of pariah. If you happen to have a personal relationship with Curt and are "in the know", then kudos to you. I, personally, have never met Curt. That being said, I still entrusted him (a complete stranger) and Legacy Engineering with a good chunk of my money, in order to support a project I believe in. I do this with other developers/homebrewers all the time, and they are strangers too. The difference is, I almost always receive my merchandise within a certain, predetermined time frame. If I don't get my purchase within this time frame, I will at very least receive an email or PM to explain why I didn't get it and when I could expect to receive it. The updates from you Curt became spotty / sporadic quite some time ago. It is 2012...nowadays, sending out a mass message to your customer base takes about 5 minutes of your time.

An update is not to much to ask IMHO. Instead, by not answering questions, YOU create the conspiracy bullshit...you Curt. You leave everyone to guess and second guess what is true and what is not and formulate opinions. My question stemmed from someone else who posted about Legacy Engineering closing up shop and changing names. Had you been clear about this in your most recent update, I would have never asked a question at all...and please don't try to tell me that the information I was looking for was readily available. Re-read my question...it wasn't.

Anyone here on the forums and in the marketplace who has dealt with me in the past knows that I had no ill intention here. I spent my money with a company that seemed to close up shop...I feel that merits a question. It is my purchase after all, so I have a right to see what the status is. With the Legacy website down, I felt that the XM status thread was the most logical place to ask it.

• Like 16

Last reply and I'm done with this thread and this topic:

1. On the 7800 Forums is a Pinned topic - 7800XM Status

2. In that Pinned post is a link to status

3. Status not often enough for you? SEND AN EMAIL OR A PM

4. Store not coming up for you? SEND AN EMAIL OR A PM

5. Want a little more info/clarification/update? SEND AN EMAIL OR A PM

6. Can't find an email because the store was down? Every one of my posts has www.atarimuseum.com on it, click on it, click on Contact and guess what - SEND ME AN EMAIL

Sit around on a message board like a bunch of old ladies at a hair salon cackling on like hens passing innuendo's, guesses and speculation instead of going directly to the source and directly asking the person who won't give you innuendo's, guess and speculation, but will give you the direct answer... guess what, now you have THIS... So there you go, I'm DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wanna keep posting, go for it, nothing is changing, the XM's (just as the Status stated well BEFORE YOUR POST) ship Jan 30th and that is it, no more projects, you can all go back to the way things were in the 90s when there was NOTHING - no new hardware, barely any news games, nothing going on... then you can all sit around and cackle about that !!!

• Like 3

well, this is disappointing . . .

I don't know Curt at all, but I have been on this sight for years, and followed this project for a long time- as a huge 7800 fan, when this project was announced I was pumped, and over the years I have remained pumped. The only reason I have not yet put my money down is because I live in 3rd world countries and could not get anything sent out here (no way I'd trust my 7800 to survive the electrical surges) but was looking forward to picking one up this summer. So, not to sound like an ass, but, with Curt's latest email . . . is there any point in getting this? I mean, if it's being shipped out and there will be no support going forward from anyone (again, I get the anger), what is the point? Or are other people committed to making games and keeping this alive? In his own words, after this there will be nothing. Is that true? If so, what a wasted opportunity all around. Any info? For what it's worth, Curt, I have always respected all the work you've done for this community, and I'm sorry that it's come to this. I hope whatever you do next gives you more satisfaction.

• Like 1

Is happened, the rope was pulled too and for long time.

Curt, do not forget the silent majority who always love your work.

Only for the project xm, over two hundred people are really enthusiastic and never complained.

How many people have hurt your pride? Five? Ten? I do not know the exact number. But you really want to give them victory?

Please do not punish your supporters.

You have given to this community an important heritage. A heritage to be preserved.

We are all grateful to you for this. You are a source of pride.

• Like 5

Dammit Benny, what did you do!?

It isn't his fault, Curt had enough with the likes of Fernando Marrin etc., people who piss and moan and didn't even order one in the first place. I would have told people to go fuck off a long time ago. People have real lives, health issues etc. etc. and Curt always delivers, granted this took a long time, but I have no doubt he will deliver. Ben just asked a valid question and I do not believe Curt should have quoted his post, but it is what it is. He is pissed.

• Like 13