IGNORED

time for another xm update?

mimo

What? Whos whining now? Weez gots da XM a comin!! Dk xm, beef drop ve now with pokey sound. Super circus AA pokey. Lotsa games now high scores saved.. Mark has a handfull of them as well. Perry is doing Bentley Bear with Yamaha sound. Kens got a great tetris game as well. So lots going on...

• Like 1

There will be again but there isn't at the moment since the website you order from is down.

http://www.legacyengineer.com/

That's because they just shut down Legacy Engineering and started a new company (SYZYGY). I wonder if this means guys like me who had orders languishing (NOT an XM) will ever see their stuff now. :(

That's because they just shut down Legacy Engineering and started a new company (SYZYGY). I wonder if this means guys like me who had orders languishing (NOT an XM) will ever see their stuff now. :(

I don't think Curt intended for the Legacy Engineering site to be down.

Nov 13th - Okay, just spoke with Mark on a bunch of things, last 2 1/2 weeks were completely lost due to Hurricane Sandy and then the Nor'easter that hit. Office power was down for a while, some minor damage to the roof and looks like I've got 2 leaks coming into the workshop downstairs, but fortunately its on the opposite side of the shop so all of the boxes of XM cases, cartridge parts and other things never were in trouble. The Legacyengineer.com server is down however, so I am working to try and get things fixed with that. So I'm trying to get things back on track again and need some comments back from Mark this coming weekend, so I'll get another update up early next week.

No update probably means no work has happened. I don't expect things to change with the XM anytime soon. It is at least 6 months away. Maybe longer. I just check the 7800 forum to see if Bob is working on anymore awesome games. I paid for an XM, but for me the moment has passed. I could really care less if it ships at this point. I am tired of the whole thing. The only thing I want to play is Bentley Bear and I keep hoping Bob will figure out a way to make it work without the XM. This secret society of the XM and their mystery games is all played out. The 7800 community rallied around these guys for years now and as a thanks we are constantly kept in the dark and given excuses.

With all the awesome stuff going on with the 2600, Intellivision, and Colecovision why waste time with the XM anymore?

After Bentley Bear Bob is not making any more Atari 7800 games at all, This is his passing shot sadly, And i got this from the man himself so thoughts of a roster of beautiful xm games are not gonna be true, Well not from Bob anyways, The updated Donkey Kong xm looks awesome though.

I don't think Curt intended for the Legacy Engineering site to be down.

Considering he said two days ago on Facebook that Legacy is "gone", I think the website disappearing was just the start of the wind-down.

Quote from Facebook: "By the way, these are now a SYZYGY COMPANY product, Legacy is no more..."

Considering he said two days ago on Facebook that Legacy is "gone", I think the website disappearing was just the start of the wind-down.

Quote from Facebook: "By the way, these are now a SYZYGY COMPANY product, Legacy is no more..."

If this is indeed true, I hope Curt will come on the forum and explain this to us. My concern is that I spent my money with Legacy Engineering...not SYZYGY. Therefore, if Legacy is "gone", is my order still intact??? I would hope so.

I saw the XM update page, and everything seems to be going well, but I would rather get info like this from the source (no offense LoTonah). It just makes me a bit uneasy to hear "second hand" that a company I spent a good chunk of cash with, might be "gone"...even if they are re-opening under a new name. Any input on this would be appreciated Curt.

As far as I have seen from their updates, they will contact everyone who ordered an XM and said they would even put a thread up on here asking for the whereabouts of anyone who has moved, changed email accounts and so on.

Legacy is gone. It's all SYZYGY now. They have a Facebook page. They have a new model Atari style USB joystick for sale. I have asked them questions, but no responses yet.

I've emailed them in the past, only to be ignored. Yes, they are super busy, but when you start new companies you can't ignore customers.

As far as I have seen from their updates, they will contact everyone who ordered an XM and said they would even put a thread up on here asking for the whereabouts of anyone who has moved, changed email accounts and so on.

Legacy is gone. It's all SYZYGY now. They have a Facebook page. They have a new model Atari style USB joystick for sale. I have asked them questions, but no responses yet.

I've emailed them in the past, only to be ignored. Yes, they are super busy, but when you start new companies you can't ignore customers.

I get it...but I have spent the majority of my adult life working in the business world, and certain things would be better if clarified by the owners of Legacy...especially if Legacy actually "went out of business". A company name change is far different than a company closing it's doors and starting back up from scratch.

My post above was fairly clear...so don't want to beat a dead horse or add fuel to any fires. I would just like Curt to chime in and let us know that our orders with Legacy are not "gone with the wind". An email would be nice...after all, we are your customers Curt, and we have been abundantly patient for quite some time.

I typed "Curt Vendel" in the Facebook people searchbox and not too far down were the words "curt vendel is a thief" -- I think that's a bit harsh, and I was surprised to see something like that pop up. Well, it's the Internet so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I'm sure he isn't that. ...and no, I am not calling him that...just reporting what I saw. I guess you can't satisfy everyone in business.

@bennybingo - Agreed.

Here's their page:

https://www.facebook.com/syzygycompany

I did get one response: "Actually yes, a Syzygy Company website is in the works."

I did have a question: Beef Drop VE for the 7800 --- is that game XM compatible as it stands? If so, then Donkey Kong XM and Beef Drop VE will be 2 games ready when the XM launches. Any others like Super Circus Atari? -- someone should make a list.

Edited by smagnotta

I did have a question: Beef Drop VE for the 7800 --- is that game XM compatible as it stands? If so, then Donkey Kong XM and Beef Drop VE will be 2 games ready when the XM launches. Any others like Super Circus Atari? -- someone should make a list.

Yes, Beef Drop VE will work with the XM pokey and high score cart as it is now.

As for making a list there's one pinned to the top of this forum.

Oh Jesus Christ - CUT THE BULLSHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing went out of business for Christ Sake stop the fucking conspiracy bullshit or I swear to God the next posting will be of my renting out a fucking wood chipper and you can watch me toss every mother fucking XM into it and destroy, take your fucking money back and go to hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legacy is being replaced by Syzygy Company, nothing else is changing, no ones orders are changing, the Status is on the Status Link, that is ALL (A-L-L) that matters....

This is fucking it !!! No more work after this - I had dual pro-stick holders, a 7800 computer replica with 7800 Basic, Video Writer and other stuff -- FUCK IT ALL... I'm done after Jan 30th with all of you, GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONCE THE XM'S ARE GONE, NO MORE OF ANYTHING...

NOW I KNOW WHY BOB (PACMANPLUS) is done with developing, you fucking people take the cake and can all go to HELL !!!

I get it...but I have spent the majority of my adult life working in the business world, and certain things would be better if clarified by the owners of Legacy...especially if Legacy actually "went out of business". A company name change is far different than a company closing it's doors and starting back up from scratch.

My post above was fairly clear...so don't want to beat a dead horse or add fuel to any fires. I would just like Curt to chime in and let us know that our orders with Legacy are not "gone with the wind". An email would be nice...after all, we are your customers Curt, and we have been abundantly patient for quite some time.

• Like 5

Its not done YET - www.syzygycompany.com

BUT ALL THAT MATTER IS HERE:

http://www.atarimuseum.com/videogames/consoles/7800/expansion

But I guess the pinned link here in the 7800 forum for XM Status updates wasn't clear enough, so there you go again

I sure hope there's a "regular" web page, to order from. I realize that Facebook soaks and soils the underpants of young people, but I'd rather have a dedicated web page from a firm that I'm ordering from.

Oh Jesus Christ - CUT THE BULLSHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing went out of business for Christ Sake stop the fucking conspiracy bullshit or I swear to God the next posting will be of my renting out a fucking wood chipper and you can watch me toss every mother fucking XM into it and destroy, take your fucking money back and go to hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legacy is being replaced by Syzygy Company, nothing else is changing, no ones orders are changing, the Status is on the Status Link, that is ALL (A-L-L) that matters....

This is fucking it !!! No more work after this - I had dual pro-stick holders, a 7800 computer replica with 7800 Basic, Video Writer and other stuff -- FUCK IT ALL... I'm done after Jan 30th with all of you, GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW I KNOW WHY BOB (PACMANPLUS) is done with developing, you fucking people take the cake and can all go to HELL !!!

Way to go Curt! I am surprised it took you that long!

Curt,

I understand the frustration, but most have been patient with the XM project. I hope you do not allow the minority to get the better of you. It would be a shame to see the other projects and plans tossed to the side, but you do what is best for your well-being.

Never doubted or 'loss my faith' in you or the XM for a moment. I understand and appreciate most you have done for the community, so much would have been lost forever if not for your efforts and resource investments.

Again, people...I really don't get the "constructiveness" or "logic" of some of these posts. The man has decades invested in this community, businesses and projects galore, yet you imply he will ruin all of that over one project and a small fraction of money in comparison to what he has put into preserving and sharing Atari history and products with no only the community, but worldwide.

Perspective people...perspective.

• Like 7

Curt...I am at a loss for words with regards to your above post. All I asked was a very simple question regarding the status of Legacy Engineering and how it would affect Me (your customer) who already paid Legacy Engineering for the XM. Nothing linked clearly explained anything, and the legacy website is currently down, which is why I came here and asked.

I have been one of your most ardent and outspoken supporters from early on, and I have been patient throughout the time that has elapsed. I can't quite understand how anything I asked would be misconstrued as "conspiracy bullshit". All I wanted to know was if the order I placed with Legacy (which is now nonexistent) would still be intact. When a company changes names, goes out of business or changes it's DBA, concerns such as the one I asked about become100% legitimate.

You have had my investment in the XM for a long time now...many other people for a bit longer than that. I personally couldn't care less if you told us it would take another 6 months to a year...that is not my concern. My concern was with the status of the company I sent my payment to. It could have been summed up in just one line of your reply:

QUOTE: "Legacy is being replaced by Syzygy Company, nothing else is changing, no ones orders are changing, the Status is on the Status Link, that is ALL (A-L-L) that matters...."

That would have been sufficient. Again, I do not believe that my posted question was off base or in any way attempting to create a conspiracy theory. I just needed an answer and came to the only place I know of to ask for one.

• Like 8

Again, I do not believe that my posted question was off base or in any way attempting to create a conspiracy theory. I just needed an answer and came to the only place I know of to ask for one.

Bullshit. Regardless of your intent, you should have known damned well what you were about to do with your post. Especially when your own question was answered in the post you were replying to, which was getting it's words from Legacy's owner via the update thread. You do not need to know the status of Legacy since ALL (A-L-L) that matters is that Curt has said, just a few days ago, that everything was finally finalized and shipments would begin very soon and he even listed how he was going to verify things and what he would do if he didn't hear back from someone who had preordered.

• Like 1

BTW - this is NOT Benny's fault, its just the last straw, this has to do with several others, specifically Fernando and several other people and I'm done.... So this is not a direct result of Benny, it just doesn't help to publicly speculate vs. directly emailing me and asking me or PM'ing me.... maybe no one figures it out yet, but all of the public speculation then turns into a public witch hunt and I'm done with it, if you can't simple send an email and ask them and get a direct answer, then sitting around coming up with conspiracy theories ends like this and here you have it, enjoy your speculation and conspiracies, now you'll have one less developer after 2013 because I'm done.