IGNORED

Lynx Mock-Ups

AtariLynx Lover

I've been doing some stuff on Pixie's Pixel Editor, and I recently did one at the same resolution of the Lynx.

Now, I'm not entirely sure if I've used the available colors for the Lynx necessarily, or colors that the Lynx is capable of displaying, but the mock-up is below:

post-31984-0-49812300-1351792042.png

It is the Microbeast 'Oding' against the legendary Microbeast 'Misun'. This is what I think a Pokemon-like game on Lynx would look like. Oding, as you can see, is an 'Earth Element' Microbeast, while Misun is a 'Flame Element' Microbeast.

post-31984-0-29055300-1351799966.png

A war game on Lynx? Who knows...

You are the red, democratic forces. Your gravest enemy and former ally, the communist blue, declared war on you. Your goal is to survive, beat back the blues, and introduce democracy to your enemies land. As General of the Army and Air Force, it is your goal to win this terrible war.

*Use gold ingots to buy troops, tanks, troop basket trucks, and even a giant airship.

*Play multiplayer with a friend on ComLynx Which will win?

*Manage troops on two battlefields, the sky and the land.

*You're the general. Will you win? Or fall to the military might of the blue? ---Fictional Game Box Art

I mean the war game.

Ah ha ha, silly me. It's certainly not turn based. I left out quite a few things on that, such as Money and Health.

Each soldier costs a certain amount of money to get. If you don't have the money to get a soldier, you can pay half the cost, but it takes five seconds for the soldier to show up. You can then place the soldier somewhere on the land battle field.

With this, I wanted to show the blues as having a numerical advantage, but with the reds having an extremely powerful airship.

With tanks, troop basket trucks, and the airship, you need both all the money for it, then have to wait. A door would open in your castle, and the tank/basket truck would come out. Or the airship would fly out. With the airship, it costs a ton of money, and takes a minute to appear. Yes, an entire minute.

It's a point 'n' click, apparently. But if one wanted to, one could take control of a soldier on it, but not any vehicle. Option One switches to the land battlefield, and Option 2 would switch to the buying screen. I'll also explain the weapons...

The first, cheapest, and least powerful is the Gun. Second is the Hammer. Third, the large grey thing, is the Chain Whip. The yellow thing is one of those giant hands you were at a sports game, a.k.a. the Giant Cheering Hand. Fourth is the Sword. Fifth is, obviously, the cannon. Then there is the tank, the troop basket truck, which carries multiple troops, and the airship, which shoots huge cannon balls. You can see one about to fall upon a blue, who has an exclamation points next to him. There is also a blue saluting, while a Red used the Hammer and created a Shockwave.

The purple is water, and the brown with a colorful emblem is the bridge to a/the fort. You can see a Red Cannon about to shoot, as it is sparked, with yellow being the sparks.

post-31984-0-38916800-1352092849.png

Another Microbeast one.

Dark Figure Microbeast

Veridua

It's the most mysterious of all Microbeasts. It is said to be impossible for light to hit it, as it is draped in none but darkness and shadows.

Given that it's a lover of shadows, few have ever seen it. In fact, it's very existance has been called into question multiple times.

Shadow Element.

If anybody would like an explanation of the Microbeasts system of elements, or even a list of them, I'd be happy to oblige.

post-31984-0-15689300-1352146886.png

Our world is threatened by the Blue Planet, Enternes. Your job is to seek out the seven Crystal Shards to reconstruct the Crystal of Virtue, which has the power to destroy the evil sorceror, Nontando, who wished to let Enternes destroy Lyinx. You are Etiriri.

*Eight wonderful worlds to play in.

*Use ComLynx to link and save the world, or duel between Etiriri and Nontando!

*Seven towns to visit! Buy armor and upgrades!

Can you save Lyinx?

This one is a bit of an oddity. It is more of a RPG-Platformer, sort of. Eight worlds, each with eight levels and one town at the end. Seven towns spread throughout the game world allow you to buy upgrades, such as for your Stomping Shoes of Power, or your Bar of Health. The image is an example of World 1-1.

The Blue Planet, Enternes (anyone guess what that references?), has blocked out the sun, leaving all of Lyinx in darkness, and allowing Creatures of the Umbra to rise up. A real-time clock was included in the game, meaning that you only had one month to complete the game before it all restarted. This challenged players immensely.

However, thankfully, Time Rewinders could be bought for a large amount of money. One rewinder would rewind time five days back. Time Rewinders could be bought in only the third and fifth town.

With that, here is the second town, a desert town.

post-31984-0-66320100-1352146937.png

Yes, two mock-ups of the same game in one post.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Presenting..... 5-Tris! A new Lynx mock-up. It's what I imagine that a Tetris-like games would be for the Lynx. This one, however, instead of tetraminoes, uses quintaminoes. Five blocks, rather than four. Hope you like it.

I'd program it myself, but I don't have the computer, the program, the money, the time, the patience, or the skill.

post-31984-0-42271500-1362175644.png

Edited by AtariLynx Lover
  • Like 1

This is one of my uglier mock-ups. Basically, it's a football/baseball/basketball breakout. The black bar at the bottom of the screen bounces the blue ball. The people intercept the ball and also bounce it. The bar has to bounce it back. Two hits defeats a person. However, new people come onto the screen every 1:00 and a new ball appears for every 50 people defeated.

At a timer, health bar, people defeated counter, etc., replace the bad sprites with Lynx-worthy ones, and you've got a viable game. You'd also need programming and music, though.

The player, obviously, controls the black bar. The bar runs along a blue line of electricity. Two grey towers on each end power it. If a ball hits the electric line, it weakens, bounces the ball, and reduces the health bar. That or a three strikes system where it's one... two... three... you're out!

Presenting: Basketbreakoutball.

post-31984-0-07141400-1362530687.png

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I meant to spell dream, but I forget the a. Oh well...

post-31984-0-80573200-1375998530.png

The blue-haired lady with the large sprite is the Goddess, Ystrachi, of Dremworld, the world of Dreams. She has just told the player, who denies that dreams are important, that fate can not be denied. He, however, correctly states the Ystrachi has no power over him.

However, the player doesn't understand the importance of dreams, and that Dremworld is crumbling, as seen by the ruined state of the stairs. Eventually, later in Drem..., the stairs would deteriorate so much that the player couldn't use them, creating a puzzle...

This is a real-time RPG similar to Zelda, and to a smaller extent, Ys.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

attachicon.gifBobsy the Lynxcat.png

I know I didn't do it perfectly. It's meant to be Bubsy on the Lynx. I call it 'Bobsy the Lynxcat.' LOL.

Crystal, I curse you for making me created this!

One down, twenty-six to go...

How did I miss this?! Anyway, if you want to experience a Bubsy like experience on the Lynx I highly suggest Hot Dog.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

OmniWars for Atari Lynx

I'd like to show you some mock-ups and animations (made by me) and two demos (made by Matthias Domin, he made them just for fun based on the mock-ups "tutorial" and "underwater-stage" without knowing further details about the project) that were created last year. I hope you like it ;-)

OmniWars_Screens_20130824_zps1e091b82.pn

Robert_alle_Phasen_11Farben_20130906_zps

Beam_20131110_zps57a7ec39.gif

PowerUps_131013_zps2e34f0c3.gif

Drohnen_130919_zps45b4f4f1.gif

Jungle_Playground_Overview131108_zpscb9a

Moskito_131106_zps47507748.gif

AggroAeffchen_131112_zps5411afa8.gif

Lynxer_131119_zpsc7bc51cb.gif

Gorilla_Zyklop_131030_zps1c7f55f4.gif

RobbyLNX20130826.zip

Robby2LNX20130831.zip