IGNORED

The OFFICIAL AtariAge SECRET SANTA 2012 Thread™

the.golden.ax

'Twas the tenth day of Christmas, about, say, 6:20. A package was waiting, big and quite weighty!

post-6115-0-83165400-1357273671_thumb.jpg

This box had been stuffed really quite well, and it opened to reveal many things swell!

post-6115-0-78796200-1357273687_thumb.jpg

A smorgasbord of games, classic and fun! But that wasn't all, oh no, we're not done!

post-6115-0-64324900-1357273846_thumb.jpg

Noms for the taking, tasty little treats! Needless to say, they made for quick eats!

And now I must say, to my Reindeer of Rescue, Merry Christmas and thanks, and also God bless you!

• Like 1

So, please let me know if I'm out of line here....

I never heard anything from my Secret Santa that he got my gift. He posted in the thread to join up, and then vanished for a few months. I have confirmation indicating that the package got there, but no word that he actually got it.

I wasn't expecting him to thank me personaly or post anything here, but I did want to know at the least that he got it. That seems like a resonable request, right?

A little bit before Christmas I saw him post in a couple threads, so I knew he was allright and figured he was just waiting until Christmas to open the box.

A few days after Christmas, when I still didn't see anything here, I sent a quick and polite PM to him, just saying basicaly 'Hey, I was your Secret Santa, did you get the package allright?'. He read it, but never wrote me back.

I have no clue if he even sent anything out and HIS Secret Santa had to be taken care off by one of the rescue people. If that's the case, he shoudn't be allowed to take part in this next year.

I did a good deal of research on my Secret Santa to get him stuff that I thought he would like, even bought a item from Ax to include in the box, and included a good ammount of bonus items. I'd just like some confirmation that he GOT the box.

Thoughts? Am I being unreasonable here?

I did a good deal of research on my Secret Santa to get him stuff that I thought he would like, even bought a item from Ax to include in the box, and included a good ammount of bonus items. I'd just like some confirmation that he GOT the box.

Thoughts? Am I being unreasonable here?

I think common courtesy would dictate posting something in this thread once you receive your Secret Santa package, most especially if the Santa obviously put some thought time into it. Having said that, it's hard for me to be negative if someone doesn't post. Perhaps they were busy when they received the package (which is often the case before Christmas) and then never thought to come back to this thread. I wouldn't be too discouraged, though, as this is probably going to happen every year. We can certainly encourage people to come visit the thread once they've received their package, and perhaps we could even send PMs just after Christmas to everyone who participated and encourage them to share their bounty here..

And, yes, if someone did not follow through with their Secret Santa obligation, they will not be invited to play again.

..Al

• Like 1

I think common courtesy would dictate posting something in this thread once you receive your Secret Santa package, most especially if the Santa obviously put some thought time into it. Having said that, it's hard for me to be negative if someone doesn't post. Perhaps they were busy when they received the package (which is often the case before Christmas) and then never thought to come back to this thread. I wouldn't be too discouraged, though, as this is probably going to happen every year. We can certainly encourage people to come visit the thread once they've received their package, and perhaps we could even send PMs just after Christmas to everyone who participated and encourage them to share their bounty here..

And, yes, if someone did not follow through with their Secret Santa obligation, they will not be invited to play again.

..Al

Thanks, Al. Yes, I understand if the person is busy, that's why I sent a quick PM. I was polite and just said 'I was your Secret Santa, did you get your box?'. I was hoping to at least just get a 'yes' back. Never did, and I know he read it. That was all I wanted. That's why I asked if I was being out of line. :ponder:

One more person still needs a RR, and it was the person that SoulBlazer mentioned would not reply, that in fact DID NOT SEND a gift either. Albert see your PM on this.

Two people go on the naughty list for this year. No, don't ask who, I'm not outing anyone, just not including them next time. With the moderation's blessing I will add a new rule next year. No one under 18 unless they have an AA feedback history with 5 or more transactions. That should resolve the majority of the past issues. Two years in a row two separate minors let someone down. If the moderation feels that this is discriminatory I won't add it. I'm not trying to single someone out by age, just reliability. Kids that can't drive, and have no income, can not participate in something that requires you to fulfill an obligation with possible purchases, or driving.

I don't want to end this thread on a negative note. So with that said. I'm going to assume that all else is well, and ask that we don't add anything more to this thread unless it is of a positive nature. I'm not asking you to put a lid on it if you want to talk someplace. Just not wanting a permanent devolved thread as a record of 2012 SS, when it was actually not that bad with 36 to 2 results.

Happy New Year!

Edited by the.golden.ax

One more person still needs a RR, and it was the person that SoulBlazer mentioned would not reply, that in fact DID NOT SEND a gift either. Albert see your PM on this.

Who still needs an RR??? I still have a bit more "Christmas Cheer" to share withe the gang! ;)

I'm still happy! The gummy worms have been eaten, the green N64 memory cover has been snapped into place, played some Hogan's Alley, and hoping never to have to use the heart valve! Thanks again Mr Bland and thanks Ax for all your hard work!

Glad to do it; and my Lynx T-shirt has been getting a lot of wear :)

If you do ever need that valve, let me know I'll give you a hand ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The wait is over! An awesome package arrived today from my SS filled with Atariage goodness. Inside the package was three Atariage homebrews Chunkout, Stella's Stocking, and the first ever Frog Pickle on actual cart. Also included were manuals and some most excellent buttons. Thank you to Albert, The Golden Axe, and my SS to make this happen.

http://s268.beta.photobucket.com/user/swlovinist/media/secret%20santa/B7AE438B-F37A-4983-B7A4-0CB28B812194-7188-000002041C6D1967_zps43d07dc7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I was wondering if someone would eventually bring this up. I don't think Ax is in a position to run a Secret Santa this year. I would consider doing it, but I have too many other things on my plate right now. So I'm not sure it's going to happen unless someone else steps up to the plate.

..Al

Between my budget and possibly needing to move soon, I don't think I should run a SS nor participate in it.

But next year... frick, I'll run everything lock, stock, and barrel, if need be. I feel really bad for having to wuss out this year, but trust me, I need to.