IGNORED

5 new games Pre-Order! - CollectorVision FALL NEWS!

retroillucid

@ retroillucid or coleco_master: I'm interested in Zombie Near, but I have concerns that perhaps one of you can clarify for me. Since the game was made for the MSXdev'10 contest and intended for free distribution, it bothers me that it's being sold and the rom not released for Coleco. I'm sure you've gone about this the right way, so this is where you could satisfy my concerns before I purchase. Was permission obtained from the author (Óscar Toledo Gutiérrez) to sell this? Will the rom be made available in keeping with the original MSX release intent? Thank you in advance for understanding and clarifying.

@ retroillucid or coleco_master: I'm interested in Zombie Near, but I have concerns that perhaps one of you can clarify for me. Since the game was made for the MSXdev'10 contest and intended for free distribution, it bothers me that it's being sold and the rom not released for Coleco. I'm sure you've gone about this the right way, so this is where you could satisfy my concerns before I purchase. Was permission obtained from the author (Óscar Toledo Gutiérrez) to sell this? Will the rom be made available in keeping with the original MSX release intent? Thank you in advance for understanding and clarifying.

Who better than the author to answer this :) that's me.

I've contacted J-F (retroillucid) in order to release Zombie Near for Colecovision in a very much improved version with respect to MSXdev'10 contest, including new graphics, new music and new challenges that I managed to fit in 32K. So he has my permission to sell it :)

As I'm relatively new to Colecovision scene, currently I don't have plans to release ROM files for Colecovision, but who knows, maybe in the future.

So go ahead without concerns and get your Zombie Near cartridge. ;)

Edited by nanochess

Who better than the author to answer this :) that's me.

I've contacted J-F (retroillucid) in order to release Zombie Near for Colecovision in a very much improved version with respect to MSXdev'10 contest, including new graphics, new music and new challenges that I managed to fit in 32K. So he has my permission to sell it :)

As I'm relatively new to Colecovision scene, currently I don't have plans to release ROM files for Colecovision, but who knows, maybe in the future.

Thanks for the reply! Well, that certainly answers my questions and satisfies my concern. :thumbsup: I'll definitely want to order asap now.

And finally I'm pretty happy to say I've received my Zombie Near cartridges in both boxes US and CBS, and them look great! (for your info, I'm the author of this game). Many thanks to Collectorvision, J-F, Toby, crapahute and everyone involved :)

Also I've got Chess Challenger and it looks pretty cool.

• Like 1

And finally I'm pretty happy to say I've received my Zombie Near cartridges in both boxes US and CBS, and them look great! (for your info, I'm the author of this game). Many thanks to Collectorvision, J-F, Toby, crapahute and everyone involved :)

Also I've got Chess Challenger and it looks pretty cool.

Oscar,

I'm really happy to know that you are pleased with the final result!

Here is who worked to make Zombie Near possible on CV

- Nanochess

- crapahute

- chuchu (kiowa Quebec)

- coleco_master

- retroillucid

Again, thanks to all of you who support the ColecoVision Scene! You rocks!

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else still waiting for their games to show up? Frustrating to read this thead. I'm getting a little worried now.

- Lasermouse

I guess the question would be are you in a country where customs might be screwing you over?

I would pm coleco_master to see if he has tracking number or something to be able to see if customs is holding it.

Still nothing here as of 1/12/2013. No response to emails, either. Not a happy customer.

$275.00 (a lot of money for me!) and still waiting.

- Lasermouse

Still nothing here as of 1/12/2013. No response to emails, either. Not a happy customer.

$275.00 (a lot of money for me!) and still waiting.

- Lasermouse

Did you contact Toby?

Otherwise,

Send me a PM , I will take care of that

LOCK 'N CHASE

The game came in this morning, I love the Styrofoam in the cart box, the manual is perfect, even having the Arcade cabnit on the box is flawless, love it, Worth every Canadian dollar. Put the cart into my YourkieVision and sat back and loved the logos that came up. 2011 Sweet been use to seeing 1982, 1983 and 1984 during the 12 sec bios screen. i looked at the manual but did not read it so after the 12 seconds the same screen was there and not the blue start up screen, I did get worried untill I hit the fire button and everything was bliss again. the Game itself is great and love it. I did not know there was an EXTENEDED version of this game ON THE SAME CART! Sweet, love it