IGNORED

rs232 handler need for a custom interface

Louis

i looking for rs232 driver for win7 64bit :/

I use a PCI card for my serial (RS232) port. I don't remember how I got the correct driver for it, Windows 7, I think, automatically detected it and somehow got the correct drivers, maybe from the chip manufacturer.

You probably have a serial port already on your motherboard. I think you might get a Win 7 driver for it from the computer manufacturer. There is 'Driver Detective' that might find the device and help find

the correct driver.

yes.. but APE shareware version cant dettect my rs232 sio2pc..

Oh. I thought APE will recognize any COM port your PC has. If your PC device manager has a COM port, you just have to see which number it is (COM1, COM4) and configure APE for that port. If your Win7

device manager doesn't have a COM port, then you have to get the driver for it. I'm pretty sure APE unregistered will recognize your COM port, if it exists. But I could be wrong.

I'm familiar with the APE SIO2PC/PRO adapter, yours is a, I guess, max232 or 1489 chip version. I don't know how APE works with a Nick Kennedy/Rick Cortese SIO2PC 1489 device. I'm sure you're correct.

Edited by russg

• 2 weeks later...

When you don't have a real COM port on your PC and use a Virtual Com Port:

APE versions prior to 3.0.6 look for a UART and can't find one with a Virtual Com Port, so they do not work with a VCP. APE version 3.0.6 also looks for a UART and can't find one, however this version can fall back to "software mode" and use the VCP anyway, albeit more slowly and less reliably according to the warnings displayed on the screen. Version 3.0.8 has the appropriate driver for VCP and apparently can work with VCPs without complaining.... Both 3.0.6 and 3.0.8 work with Win 7 64 bit.

Edited by atari8warez

There is no postage for the software. You just download it. There is plenty of support for it on the atarimax forums.

Is there an up to date documentation for APE, the one on the website begs to be updated, Windows version of the documentation is still "in construction" after so many years, even the registered version has no documentation on the DVD/CD. I can not blame anybody who doesn't want to pay for that software. APE also BSOD often on Windows 7 64 bit, it surely needs to be more friendly with never OSes, could also use a bit of a UI lift.....

As for the website support, Steve seems to only answer selected questions. For example he never answered a question about how to get drivers for VCP support.

Edited by atari8warez