IGNORED

Terrible Nerd by Kevin Savetz

I'm now at page 100 or so and must say I have to smile all over again and again.

Kevin, I just can't believe how often I can find myself in your stories. It's so wonderful - with your book I can remember scenes from my life which I almost forgot!!

What fascinates me is, that a kids life can be so comparable in that nerd-aspect. I've grown up in East Germany (GDR) and was born a few years later (1978). But all the things like mail orders, mailboxes, magazines, listings, books, high school trading and user groups are totally the same thing. amazing!!!

And I always thought that in the US it must have been totally different - everywhere Atari stores and software to buy even at Wal*Mart :)

Edited by twh/f2
  • Like 1

Bought. Reading. Enjoying.

Joe (stepdad) doesnt seem so unkind, letting you run around w/ the night vision goggles, letting you bring his sword/weapon collection to the school Medieval Market, etc. Do we learn about his more dastardly behavior later on?

Edited by RJ

The Nook version is now available: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/terrible-nerd-kevin-savetz/1113839841

@RJ -- No, I don't get into any dastardly stuff. The book is a tech memoir, not an autobiography, so I didn't to talk too much family stuff or whatever -- I just tried to provide enough about the family situation to provide context for the tech stuff.

Edited by Savetz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Have been reading this the past couple of days and enjoying it. The one part that made me burst out laughing? When you mention sending in the reader reply cards to get catalogs, brochures, and best of all free demo disks. I too received multiple copies of Managing Your Money and the Buick disks back in the day. I just had to go down and dig through my old Atari disk boxes to see if I still have them. Yup, still have multiple copies of each... Of course reformatted and filled with pirated games.

• 2 weeks later...