IGNORED

Some Early Atari A8 Development Docs...

Bryan

Here are some old development docs I got with an Atari system. They appear to be part of an A8 training curriculum. I'm sure much of this material is included in the Technical Reference Notes, but there might be some interesting nuggets here. Some of the documents are bigger than 2MB (the upload limit) so I'll have to find another way to get them posted.

Atari_BASIC_OUTLINE.pdf

Atari_DISK_FILE_MGR.pdf

Atari_ATARI_BASIC.pdf

Atari_LECTURE_NOTES.pdf

Atari_SEMINAR_OUTLINE.pdf

• Like 2

What's the earliest copy of the Hardware Manual available? I have one marked Rev 0.1 that has some typographical errors. I also have an OS Manual from November of 1980 and a De Re Atari draft 4. These are gonna be HUGE to scan. :)

The things I have left to upload are:

Atari DISK UTILITIES source

Atari MONITOR source

Atari CIO source

Atari DOS 1 manual

Didn't they do bundle packs with the early systems too?

From what we've heard of the Educational Cart lately, I would guess that the focus shifted well away from it early on. Maybe the intention was for it to allow more complex software on 8K Ram systems. Or maybe insiders just couldn't be bothered developing for it.

Well, the Educational Master Cartridge was only designed to be compatible with the one family of cassette software (16 individually sold sets of 4 tapes each, at the very beginning). I sincerely doubt that specs for producing Atascii code using that cartridge were given to anyone else but Dorsett.

• 7 months later...

The "Atari_LOAD_ML.pdf" was an addendum for the Assembler/Editor cartridge manual due to a mistake on how to load m/l programs in basic.

Think that was the only time I actually phoned Atari :) mine must be a later copy as it had the page no. and it was on Atari headed paper irc.

Thanks, Bryan for posting these. I'm working on turning the pages on some of them for easier reading. Can I post these on Atarimania.com?

P.S. I got the Atari stuff you sent me the other week and have been working on scanning them for Atarimania.

Allan