IGNORED

The secret of Men-A-Vision revealed!

Thomas Jentzsch

Hi All, I joined up coz of this (and related) threads (Thanks SoCal and RGRU for the heads-up).

Retro, Mena, Drugs, Cubans, Conspiracy....Man, right up my street.

Does Barry Seal feature as a pilot in AirRaid? ;)

I'll be following with interest.

Andy/RetroPom on RGRU's forum.

PS. Is AA predominantly console?

Or is there some Arcade stuff I'm missing?

Hi All, I joined up coz of this (and related) threads (Thanks SoCal and RGRU for the heads-up).

Retro, Mena, Drugs, Cubans, Conspiracy....Man, right up my street.

Does Barry Seal feature as a pilot in AirRaid? ;)

I'll be following with interest.

Andy/RetroPom on RGRU's forum.

PS. Is AA predominantly console?

Or is there some Arcade stuff I'm missing?

We are a mixed bag. Many of us own and play everything classic to modern, console to arcade. Welcome to AA.

I am not trying create added stress to everybody's patience but I am going to be talking to people who worked at Mena's Toys.....and rather write a full report once I get all of the facts... :)

My Dad knew the owner (remember, I am Cuban and my parents know all of the movers and shakers in the Cuban community (Southern California), especially the area where Mena's Toys was...my Dad still has his business in the area....like seven minutes away though. He is connecting with some of his old buddies to get me people to talk to....I already identified two people who worked at Mena's Toys circa early 80's. Once I speak to these individuals (and perhaps some more), I will write up a full report in this thread. I already spoke to one individual and got some very interesting information, including the fact that there might be another MenAVision release but I felt that he was not sure about it....I will try to confirm that info with the others I will be speaking to.

Thanks for your patience and more later.

- Wonder007

• Like 11

Awesome! Small world is right!

And the fact that I could have gotten this game as a kid.....but my Dad said that the toy store was a bit expensive. Besides, my Mom probably would have thrown out the box as she did with my other boxes........I recall her ripping a Tapper box Christmas day to throw away....ouch!!! :(

• Like 4

And the fact that I could have gotten this game as a kid.....but my Dad said that the toy store was a bit expensive. Besides, my Mom probably would have thrown out the box as she did with my other boxes........I recall her ripping a Tapper box Christmas day to throw away....ouch!!! :(

Mine did the same thing! Very cool that you of all people have made this "connection."

I am not trying create added stress to everybody's patience but I am going to be talking to people who worked at Mena's Toys.....and rather write a full report once I get all of the facts... :)

My Dad knew the owner (remember, I am Cuban and my parents know all of the movers and shakers in the Cuban community (Southern California), especially the area where Mena's Toys was...my Dad still has his business in the area....like seven minutes away though. He is connecting with some of his old buddies to get me people to talk to....I already identified two people who worked at Mena's Toys circa early 80's. Once I speak to these individuals (and perhaps some more), I will write up a full report in this thread. I already spoke to one individual and got some very interesting information, including the fact that there might be another MenAVision release but I felt that he was not sure about it....I will try to confirm that info with the others I will be speaking to.

Thanks for your patience and more later.

- Wonder007

KNowing this I can now wait patiently :) My eternal thanks to you wonder ;)

Some two or three years ago I saw a little blue box with a handle in top it had a damaged label, I took it for a calculator part. This was in a flea's market and I didn't bought it.

So previous year when I finally started buying Atari and learning to recognize carts, well, I got astonished when I saw the pictures. I can only say holy shit! I missed a one very interesting cartridge for mere 8 dollars.

• Like 1

Some two or three years ago I saw a little blue box with a handle in top it had a damaged label, I took it for a calculator part. This was in a flea's market and I didn't bought it.

So previous year when I finally started buying Atari and learning to recognize carts, well, I got astonished when I saw the pictures. I can only say holy shit! I missed a one very interesting cartridge for mere 8 dollars.

:_( :_( :_( :_(

And I'm sure probably dozens of people just like you passed over it too. Don't feel too bad.

And I'm sure probably dozens of people just like you passed over it too. Don't feel too bad.

No, I'm not feeling bad. Just somewhat surprised that I've touched it! (I couldn't recognize the type of PCB at that time because I never had an Atari!!!)

Anyway thanks. We have a proverb that when something isn't for you, you simply cannot get it.

I've been watching carefully that flea's market and some others. And maybe with a little of luck... :)