IGNORED

The secret of Men-A-Vision revealed!

Thomas Jentzsch

Men of Vision.
Hmm. I never though of it like that. I always thought the name Men-a-vision sounded a little high on the "fruitcake" scale.

I've tried Air Raid on my Harmony cart. I get a slow roll on the 19" CRT set in my bedroom. I've tested the TV with a special scanline ROM; it can't handle anything higher than 285 lines, although the 27" CRT set in my mom's bedroom can actuallly handle NTSC/50 (PAL games) pretty well, except that the bottom gets cut off, so I could try it out the game on that one. Ditto for the HDTV in the living room.

Any new developements, juicy history tidbits, Air Raid stockpiles, or other Men-A-Vision prototypes would be a welcome addition to the retrogaming community.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I am interviewing somebody tomorrow who worked at the store in the 80's. Hopefully I can add some information to my dissertation.

Congratulations in advance on finding out that there's an entire pallet or warehouse full of brand new Air Raids that were never sold! :-D

Whatever you do find out, you have a captive audience here!

• 2 weeks later...

No new information, but I did find out that the number I had was incorrect as someone picked up today and after a couple minutes it was clear it wasn't the same Mena family. I found another number that had the correct property address, but I got the number was not in service and no new number is known message. I'll keep digging, but it is a little difficult when there doesn't appear to be anyway to contact them and the letter I sent was ignored.

Are you certain that the people involved are even still alive? Perhaps a search of the obituaries may be useful.

My Grandfather continued to receive mail (and the occasional visitor looking for him) for at least a decade after his death. (The telephone number was obviously disconnected, but family members continued to live at the same address for many years afterwards.) Unless it was related to setting his estate, we did not generally respond to the mail that he received.

You could always re-send the letter, but require that someone sign for it. This will cost extra, but you will be able to confirm that it was received (or expressly rejected).

You could always re-send the letter, but require that someone sign for it. This will cost extra, but you will be able to confirm that it was received (or expressly rejected).

That sounds like a good idea. At least we can be sure then that we reached a dead end there.

I hope Jose has something to tell soon.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

No new information, but I did find out that the number I had was incorrect as someone picked up today and after a couple minutes it was clear it wasn't the same Mena family. I found another number that had the correct property address, but I got the number was not in service and no new number is known message. I'll keep digging, but it is a little difficult when there doesn't appear to be anyway to contact them and the letter I sent was ignored.

When one reaches a dead end in the maze, it is best not to give up, but instead to back up and try a different path.

UPDATE: Been too busy at work. I was able to interview somebody and will be working on a full report...I do not want to do this in parts. My Dad is also working on some leads as well.

Many of you have PM'ed me wanting to know more; the information will come out....please be patient. When things slow down at work for me, I will focus more on this. Meanwhile, I hope Waggie can get more information as well.

Thanks.

- Wonder007

• Like 2

UPDATE: Been too busy at work. I was able to interview somebody and will be working on a full report...I do not want to do this in parts. My Dad is also working on some leads as well.

Many of you have PM'ed me wanting to know more; the information will come out....please be patient. When things slow down at work for me, I will focus more on this. Meanwhile, I hope Waggie can get more information as well.

Thanks.

- Wonder007

People on Atari Age patient? HAHAHA never going to happen. In fact, this whole community has turned in to instant gratification, download it now, get it at walmart whiny crybabies. You are lucky they aren't making new accounts just to ask you twice.

wasted-day-on-pms.jpg

• Like 4