IGNORED

The secret of Men-A-Vision revealed!

Thomas Jentzsch

To me, it seems like there's more complaining coming from the people that call themselves patient than the so called "whiney-crybabies" on here.

Perhaps, but the patient ones are complaining about the whiney-crybabies, and are not complaining about the slowness of the revealed information.

I've waited years for this information, and others have waited decades. To collate information, gather your thoughts, and write them down properly takes time. I can appreciate that any information Wonder has could take a number of hours to fully prepare, and it looks like he doesn't have time for that right now.

• Like 1

No I know what I was referring to :-D ;)

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/124649/Ataris_Kassar_Calling_Programmers_HighStrung_Prima_Donnas_Was_A_Mistake.php

Gotta love Ray Kassar. He said in an interview that Atari programmers were "a bunch of High Strung Prima Donnas". Curt and Marty had a couple of pages about the incident in the Atari Book. One of the employees even had a bunch of T-Shirts made with the phrase on them.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/124649/Ataris_Kassar_Calling_Programmers_HighStrung_Prima_Donnas_Was_A_Mistake.php

Gotta love Ray Kassar. He said in an interview that Atari programmers were "a bunch of High Strung Prima Donnas". Curt and Marty had a couple of pages about the incident in the Atari Book. One of the employees even had a bunch of T-Shirts made with the phrase on them.

Never read that interview.

Very refreshing I must say.

Thanks for sharing.

8)

Well, if the information has been hidden for 30 years, surely we can wait another year for exact information :)

Besides Wonder is investigating it just for hobby, impatient ones should remember work is first. ;)

Thanks.....I am not trying to hoard information. I want to do a full report and not do it in parts. Besides, my Father is working on some leads as well.

However, the negativity of some of the members here is really bothering me....to the extent that I might just quit my investigation..... :(

I am a diehard fan of the 2600 but gosh, I can't believe the reaction of some people.....especially the PM's I have received......... I have been totally respectful of everybody on the forums and don't appreciate the s**t I have been receiving.

• Like 5

Thanks.....I am not trying to hoard information. I want to do a full report and not do it in parts. Besides, my Father is working on some leads as well.

However, the negativity of some of the members here is really bothering me....to the extent that I might just quit my investigation..... :(

I am a diehard fan of the 2600 but gosh, I can't believe the reaction of some people.....especially the PM's I have received......... I have been totally respectful of everybody on the forums and don't appreciate the s**t I have been receiving.

This is exactly why some of you need to shut the F up.

@Wonder, please take all the time you need. Don't let a few a-holes discourage you.

• Like 9

I have been totally respectful of everybody on the forums and don't appreciate the s**t I have been receiving.

I hope I wasn't one of them. Sometimes I make whimsical replies to topics, but please, take as much time as you need. You've come this far; it would be a crying shame to waste all of your research.

...gosh, I can't believe the reaction of some people.....especially the PM's I have received......... I have been totally respectful of everybody on the forums and don't appreciate the s**t I have been receiving.

Fantum and fanaticism have the same root. The problem are those who do not know where to draw the line. Please don't take those people personally.

This is a hobby, you are not obliged to anyone for anything.

But nevertheless I will keep my fingers crossed, hoping for some news soon. :)

• Like 4

I'll second Godzilla's patience and positive support here as well. We've waited for a long, long time to get some solid information about this, so what's a little longer wait if it means we get a whole, complete picture of the history?

I've gone through the whole thread, and this game has fascinated me so far as its history is concerned (as has a number of other titles for this and other systems). Looking forward to see what you've been able to find, Wonder.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Doh! Sorry about our brethren being jackasses to you. Rest assured that most of us know how to behave like gentle-people and are more than willing to wait and see what you turn up. (given how many jumped to thwap the idiots who complain about waiting too long.)

Don't let the jerks drive you off from it. Most of us are quite interested and as excited as you are about collecting... if not as well placed to collect. ;)

Edited by Lendorien

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...