IGNORED

atari800 H1: sub directory access

eed002

Hi,

I am using the atari800 emulator on my Ubuntu machine. I own several 800's and I am an old 8biter.

In the emulator I am trying to access subdirectories on H1:.

I have tried dosxl and spartados. Has anyone gotten this to work? I have searched the forms and cant find anything useful.

I can access the main H1: directory, but when I try to access the subdirectory, I get a write protected error.

I also can not CWD to the location I want. It seems that the H1: access is limited to one level.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Edward

Hi,

I am using the atari800 emulator on my Ubuntu machine. I own several 800's and I am an old 8biter.

In the emulator I am trying to access subdirectories on H1:.

I have tried dosxl and spartados. Has anyone gotten this to work? I have searched the forms and cant find anything useful.

I can access the main H1: directory, but when I try to access the subdirectory, I get a write protected error.

I also can not CWD to the location I want. It seems that the H1: access is limited to one level.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Edward

Subdirectories are not limited to one level.

I'm not sure what is the cause of your problem but here are few items to consider.

- If the host system allows case sensitivity for filenames then it is usually in effect in Atari800

- copying files from DOS menu or CLI to H: drive using wildcards appears to be NOT PERMITTED.

- Atari800 has it's own parsing of long filenames. Filenames longer than 8 characters will show up as 8 characters '+' 3 characters. In a directory listing the '+' is returned instead of a period.

- If you are attempting to list a directory then the DOS you are a using may be doing it's own parsing thus adding it's own restrictions or quirks.

Here are some examples.

H: is implemented as an escape in Atari800. No DOS is needed in the emulated Atari to access H: drives

post-9154-0-05184000-1352147463_thumb.png

DOS 2.0D.

Note that this DOS in itself does not support subdirectories yet you can sort of access them.

post-9154-0-92396900-1352149314_thumb.png

However, see what happens when the path is longer.

post-9154-0-12411200-1352149490_thumb.png

The situation gets better with SpartaDOS (3.2x).

Notice that that I'm typing the subdirectory names in upper case yet it still works. [EDIT - obviously that's not true. Sorry]

post-9154-0-98488800-1352149680_thumb.png

Making H1: focal, creating a subdirectory, and nested subdirectories are all allowed.

post-9154-0-56508700-1352149972_thumb.pngpost-9154-0-56188400-1352151984_thumb.png

Oops. I see others have posted replies while I was typing and testing :D

BTW, I'm using Atari800 2.1.0 which is a little out of date.

Edited by a8isa1