IGNORED

Got my Intellivision! Some surprises and first impressions...

DoctorTom

according to intvfunhouse directional came before realistic steering i wish smb had realistic steering just for a second option

According to the BSRs, it's the other way around

Also, the "intuitive" version has code to switch back to "realistic", but not vice versa, which suggests intuitive came later. I'm not sure why INTV Funhouse has the order opposite of what the BSRs documented.

According to the BSRs, it's the other way around

Also, the "intuitive" version has code to switch back to "realistic", but not vice versa, which suggests intuitive came later. I'm not sure why INTV Funhouse has the order opposite of what the BSRs documented.

well with the switchable one being later definitely makes sense

You should definitely give Baseball another try. I guess not having the instructions or overlays is affecting your enjoyment of the game. I really think it's the best baseball on any classic system.

I agree with you about Mission X. I think Snafu is a lot of fun, though, if you can find a second player. Golf is really well done, but quite complicated without the instructions or overlays. A much better version was released by Intv Corp., called "Chipshot Golf" that incorporates much of its features, but it's way more streamlined. Definitely a must-have title for the Intellivision.

I don't think there are many fans of Autoracing, but it's actually pretty interesting. If you give it a try. I personally like the unique control scheme, and this can be a blast to play with two players. The addition of all the different cars with different attributes adds a lot of the game. This was actually my inspiration for adding additional playable characters to DK Arcade.

I am definitely curious about Chipshot. And I think perhaps I was on too easy a difficulty setting on Baseball; the computer was unable to catch any flyballs I hit.

I like the look of Auto Racing and especially the car options. I might have to keep working on that steering...

BTW, I love your inclusion of characters in D2K -- it adds a lot of replay value to the game.