IGNORED

Intellivision Easter Eggs

Just found another easter egg in Super Pro Football.

Press either lower left action button at the title screen, and the game jumps to

the stats page.  After pressing Enter on the right controller, it then starts game play,

with the visitors having first and goal at the one yard line.  Both teams are human controlled.

This is in addition to the well documented easter egg where pressing and holding keypad #0

or disc-East at the title screen rolls the credits.

• Like 4

• 8 months later...
On 12/21/2020 at 4:15 PM, Zendocon said:

I was doing more ROM hacking over the weekend, and I found there's an easter egg in Scooby Doo's Maze Chase that I don't think is documented anywhere.  You should be able to turn the title screen back to brown instead of black, revealing a name that's written in black text on the screen.  I haven't figured out yet how to do it through normal play.  Perhaps it's not possible?

Also, it seems that the Defender code is more than just a garbled title screen with somebody's initials.  It gives you infinite ships and smart bombs as well.

Is the Frog Bog change encapsulated at http://www.midnightblueinternational.com/hacks/Frog Bog (Hack).cfg available in the cartridge as-is pushing any key combination or "frying" the cartridge?

4 hours ago, First Spear said:

Is the Frog Bog change encapsulated at http://www.midnightblueinternational.com/hacks/Frog Bog (Hack).cfg available in the cartridge as-is pushing any key combination or "frying" the cartridge?

I poked a different opcode, so instead of revealing the Easter Egg if the button combo is held at startup, the Easter Egg is revealed if the button combo is not held at startup.  Same thing I did with the other Easter Eggs, like for Voochko in the unreleased version of Thin Ice.

1 hour ago, Zendocon said:

I poked a different opcode, so instead of revealing the Easter Egg if the button combo is held at startup, the Easter Egg is revealed if the button combo is not held at startup.  Same thing I did with the other Easter Eggs, like for Voochko in the unreleased version of Thin Ice.

What is the normal key combination to use to make the e-egg activate?

4 hours ago, First Spear said:

What is the normal key combination to use to make the e-egg activate?

For Thin Ice (unreleased), it's Enter on the left controller and Clear on the right controller.  For Frog Bog, it's 3&5 on the left controller and 0&5 on the right controller.