IGNORED

Help! I need your HDTV recommendations...

DoctorTom

So D2K arrived yesterday, and I was initially really upset, because objects were disappearing all over the place, making the game unplayable. Then Willy at Elektronite was kind enough to let me know about the 30 fps mode, which is necessary to use with some HDTVs (I should have just looked at the manual! :)). Of course, now I can see all the sprites, but there is a fair amount of flicker, and I know the game can look much better than this on the proper TV.

Consider all of this, plus the overall image "jumpiness" problem I have been having, I am thinking about upgrading my HDTV and passing the current one on to family that could use it. But I need your recommendations -- which HDTV do you own with which the INTV is fully compatible? Specifically, I would like to hear from those of you running D2K in normal (non-30 fps) mode.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, it really is a crap shoot. I would take my Intellivision into best buy and ask them if you could check your system on the TV that you consider. Either that, or find some cheap or intexpenisive tube TV. I was GIVEN a 1080i Sony that is amazing....my friend couldnt understand why I accepted it, and didn't throw it in the garbage.

So D2K arrived yesterday, and I was initially really upset, because objects were disappearing all over the place, making the game unplayable. Then Willy at Elektronite was kind enough to let me know about the 30 fps mode, which is necessary to use with some HDTVs (I should have just looked at the manual! :)). Of course, now I can see all the sprites, but there is a fair amount of flicker, and I know the game can look much better than this on the proper TV.

Consider all of this, plus the overall image "jumpiness" problem I have been having, I am thinking about upgrading my HDTV and passing the current one on to family that could use it. But I need your recommendations -- which HDTV do you own with which the INTV is fully compatible? Specifically, I would like to hear from those of you running D2K in normal (non-30 fps) mode.

Thanks!

what tv brand, type and size are you using now? what size do u want to get?

It's a Sony Bravia 32 inch 720 LCD from a couple years ago. I can't seem to find the exact model number.

All the other classic systems work just fine with it.

I would prefer to upgrade to a Samsung, at least 40", probably bigger, with all the bells and whistles.

Edited by DoctorTom

It's a Sony Bravia 32 inch 720 LCD from a couple years ago. I can't seem to find the exact model number.

I would prefer to upgrade to a Samsung, at least 40", probably bigger, with all the bells and whistles.

honestly i still feel it is your intellivision not your tv.

also did you try on both channel 3 and 4 on tv and bottom of intellivision Edited by pimpmaul69

I may have to just go to Best Buy as was recommended and test drive the INTV on different units. But I can't take ALL my systems, and now I'm almost wondering if I shouldn't just be thankful that everything else is working just great on my current TV! :)

I could try another INTV but don't really know that I want to spend the money on one...

Edited by DoctorTom