IGNORED

Are you late? ... Mario is back!

retroillucid

Ax, I would have to think then that there is an issue with the ColecoVision Delta Board in each of your Stand-Alone ADAM systems. I know that it sounds far-fetched that each system would have the same problem which would cause Mario Bros. not to work properly but the alternative would be that either the MegaCart PCB in the cart is at fault or that there were different versions of the Mario Bros. game programmed to the Prom chips.

Tell you what, it doesn'r sound too far-fetched that different versions of Mario Bros. were programmed to the Prom chips! :roll:

The only other possibility that comes to mind is the power source that you are using for the ADAM. Are you using the ADAM Printer, a DoubleDown created power supply or a DJPUBA created power supply. I am using the DJPUBBA power supply and as has been reported, the MegaCart PCB, LotD repro carts and AtariMax multi-carts require a good working power supply.

You can check the Revision of your ADAM Logic Board by turning on the system and then pressing < CONTROL > and < R > at the same time at the Electronic TypeWriter screen... must be the first keypress, do not press < ESCAPE > to enter SmartWRITER. A new SmartKEY will de displayed with the Revision #. The only way to check the ColecoVision Delta Board revision would be to open up the Memory Console.

Tell you what, it doesn'r sound too far-fetched that different versions of Mario Bros. were programmed to the Prom chips! :roll:

I'd say this is pretty unlikely just because I didn't provide that many versions! Older versions would be incomplete.

Also, the startup code was very consistent through the majority of the project's life. If it gets to the title page, then all the critical codepaths have been executed at least once.

I guess my question for Ax would be, on your Adams that it fails on, do you get to the title screen? If not, what happens?

• 2 weeks later...

I put the Adams away while setting up a permanent location for them in my basement. Other things (paying the Feb bills) got in the way of that, so I have not had a chance to check anything. When it originally occurred, I asked and was told it just doesn't work on Adam. So I assumed it was an issue he/they were aware of.

Yeah and the "For ColecoVision & ADAM" as been replaced to " For ColecoVision"

Just in case..... Cause I know some people experienced problem when running Mario on their ADAM

I did not encounter people experience problem with the Adam Expansion model though.... Sounds logical since it run on the plain CV....

But what will be the point to run Mario off the ADAM Expansion model?

I will investigate more about this.........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...