IGNORED

PS2 Collecting - Hidden Gems

Metal Jesus

I am continuing my Hidden Gems series this week with the mighty Playstation 2! It's one of my favorite consoles ever...

Games Mentioned:

Blood Will Tell

Snoopy vs The Red Baron

Echo Night Beyond

Crimson Tears

Micro Machines v4

Kim Possible What's the Switch

Cold Winter

Splashdown Rides Gone Wild

Shadow Hearts Covenant & From the New World

Dr. Muto

Vampire Night

What are some of your favorite Hidden Gems for the system?

Edited by Metal Jesus

Mine too. I have like 4 of them.

Too many hidden gems on this one but I'll just go with some overlooked gems that I feel should be played:

Drakan: The Ancient Gates

Primal

Klonoa 2

Mister Mosquito

God Hand

Odin Sphere

Soul Nomad and the World Eaters

Grim Grimoire (a little too hard for me though)

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (Persona isn't the only cool RPG)

Rise of the Kasai

Yakuza 1 and 2

Shadow Hearts is great. Megman X command and the collection. Lapucelle Tactics.....There's so much cool stuff I can mention. :P

Sorry Metal Jesus, but I have to completely disagree with you on Micro Machines V4. My household used to hardcore MM1-3. We love them. But when we brought home V4, we were just completely disappointed. We gave it a chance, forcing ourselves to play it for a week, but we've never gone back to it.

• Like 1

Watching vid now. Think you forgot to embed a copy here. I'm not through the vid yet, but I'm already shopping for snoopy.

My list:

Persona 4

Culdcept

Alien Hominid

Enthusia Professional Racing

Downhill Domination

Metal Saga

Harvey Birdman

King of Fighters XI (maybe not so hidden)

Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana

I also didn't care much for v4. Nowhere near the fun of the 8/16 bit ones. The weapons ruin it for me and the new camera perspective really doesn't help it.

Edit: I totally agree on britney's dance beat at the end. Not so much for the game, but the extras were incredible.

Edited by Reaperman

I had no idea Seaman came out on the PS2. Was that in Japan only? Is it different than the wacky Dreamcast version?

Same game as the DC. Japan...

A sequel came out in Japan, but I don't have that one. There was rumor that it was to be released on the DS. I don't think it ever happened.

I wish they made this game as screen saver type app.

+1 for Drakan, Primal, Echo Nght: Beyond, Vampire Night, Snoopy, Pirates LOBK, & FF FD 18. Only got a few missions into Snoopy but it's good & family-safe, & I got my FF FD18 at a Blockbuster closing.

Out of all of these, I only still have Snoopy & FD18 but I often think about rebuying/replaying them, they're that good- esp. Drakan & Pirates.

Edited by RJ

Find someone to play The Adventures of Cookie and Cream with, then come back and thank me. As for something both unique and rare, try the firefighting game Firefighter FD-18 by Konami. Good luck finding it in the wild, though...

Cookie and Cream is fantastic with two people! One of the best games on the system.

Games others have mentioned I want to second:

Shadow Hearts (series)

Grim Grimoire

Persona 4 = This is one of those rare games like Chrono Trigger. I don't enjoy it myself, but I can see that it's a great game.

Culdcept

Atelier Iris (series)

I'll also toss King of Fighters 2006 out there. Perhaps it's not obscure, but it's definitely abandoned.