IGNORED

Found the best game recording software for Stella users ever!

Random Terrain

I've been looking for something better and easier to use than CamStudio and Fraps for years and I finally found it. I spent a couple of hours searching again last night and I saw it mentioned in the comments on the page below:

5 Free Alternatives to Fraps (scroll down to April 9, 2012 and May 8, 2012 if you want to see what I'm talking about)

Want to know the name of this amazing program for Windows PC owners (that seems to flawlessly record video and sound)? Not so fast, pal. I need some compensation for my hard work at the Google grindstone. Just send 5 dollars to . . . just kidding. Here it is:

Bandicam

You didn't have to do this. It's mentioned down below.

Bandicam is the best screen/game recording software I have ever tried (I don't have a Mac and I don't use Linux). It really does seem to have less lag (as they claim on their main page). When I start recording with other programs, there is a noticeable, jarring slow down, but not with Bandicam.

The program makes it very clear what you are going to record. There is no irritating flashing rectangle around the area you're recording and you can easily disable the FPS overlay (under the FPS Tab), so you can record a game you're playing without any irritating distractions.

Unlike some other programs, you won't have to spend time just trying to find the record button. There are no mysteries or weird, complicated problems. It just works.

Here is a quick clip I just captured using Bandicam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q22Fb6fm1NI

• Like 4

Great! Now I can make some recording of my own games.

What Video settings should I use?

If you are talking to me, not Nathan Strum, and you are using a Windows PC, it might work great without changing any settings (but you might want to uncheck Overlay FPS under the FPS Tab).

Camtasia always worked fine, only get lag on multi-screen extra large captures from MAME otherwise stuff like 320x200 is a piece of piss. My only problem with Camtasia is the issue of recording sound but this comes down to the drivers for your computer NOT Camtasia so unless this thing doesn't need to use drivers from the OS or is supplied with a billion driver files I'm good to go as it is myself :)

Camtasia always worked fine, only get lag on multi-screen extra large captures from MAME otherwise stuff like 320x200 is a piece of piss. My only problem with Camtasia is the issue of recording sound but this comes down to the drivers for your computer NOT Camtasia so unless this thing doesn't need to use drivers from the OS or is supplied with a billion driver files I'm good to go as it is myself :)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but it seems like you are confusing CamStudio (freeware) with Camtasia (30 day free trial).

• Like 1