IGNORED

SkunkGUI

Elerach

• 2 years later...

I recently got a new 2-in-1 tablet PC and updated to W10. I did have to disable signature recognition through start-up settings to load the Skunk drivers. No problems running Jiffi.

In case it helps anyone, this is the process I used in Windows 10 to install the skunk drivers. I had the picture handy on my phone still so here it is.

Edit: Have fun reading that rotated picture ;)

post-42253-0-08684500-1443349822_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sporadic
  • Like 3

Eh? I'll have to give this a shot. Certainly looks quicker than using the command prompt in Windows.

Not sure if I'm old/lazy or just more sensible, but I haven't used the command promt with the skunk for... quite some time. I thought tools for this were pointless and for people scared of telling a computer what to do via the voodoo of magic words. Turns out I was wrong.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, the Skunkboard drivers are just LibUSB packaged using their installer. If there is a newer LibUSB that works better with Windows10 (and still works with the API used in JCP), there is a good likelihood it will work just fine. Might be worth a try.

• 1 month later...

Just got a nice Dell with Windows 10, in part so I can start using my Skunk again (and maybe burn some discs!)

I'm going to download the drivers, Jiffi, and attempt to make things work tonight.

Anything special I need to do? Anyone run into any problems uploading to Skunk via Windows 10?

Fangs!

• 6 years later...

Hey guys, struggling a bit. Just wanted to use my Skunk first time since appr 2 years. The Skunk seem to work as it should. Both banks are ok, the uploaded files from long ago working perfectly fine. Since I have two other notebooks than 2 years ago I installed SkunkGUI on my

1.) Microsoft Surface Pro Notebook with Win10

2.) MacBook Pro with OSX 10.13.6

I used three different USB cables.

I get the Windows Tone if I turn the Jaguar on ... so the Computer recognize the USB device ...

BUT ... I fail to upload files to the banks.

I mean, SkungGUI is no rocket science, it worked in the past.

Select a file (it's in .jag format)

Choose a bank

Klick on GO

For a split of a second the "Sending File to Skunkboard" window appears, but disappears then immediately.

Resetting the Skunk or trying to get the serial number doesn't work either.

Have I forgot something? Any additional files which need to be copied somewhere? 

1 hour ago, evisu said:

Hey guys, struggling a bit. Just wanted to use my Skunk first time since appr 2 years. The Skunk seem to work as it should. Both banks are ok, the uploaded files from long ago working perfectly fine. Since I have two other notebooks than 2 years ago I installed SkunkGUI on my

1.) Microsoft Surface Pro Notebook with Win10

2.) MacBook Pro with OSX 10.13.6

I used three different USB cables.

I get the Windows Tone if I turn the Jaguar on ... so the Computer recognize the USB device ...

BUT ... I fail to upload files to the banks.

I mean, SkungGUI is no rocket science, it worked in the past.

Select a file (it's in .jag format)

Choose a bank

Klick on GO

For a split of a second the "Sending File to Skunkboard" window appears, but disappears then immediately.

Resetting the Skunk or trying to get the serial number doesn't work either.

Have I forgot something? Any additional files which need to be copied somewhere? 

Maybe it's a driver issue. I had that too with my win 10 notebook.

Might want to try the zadiq drivers, we talked about it in this thread:

• 2 months later...