IGNORED

ULTRASATAN

lotharek

Of course, this cable is fully compatible with USATAN device designed by Jookie. I wanted to keep original pinout. but I really dislike idea of butchering db25 plugs... so decided go step further and order custom made cables - especially for usatan. i just like to see my devices high quality ..

of course all those small gizmos makeprice a bit higher, but my opinion is to better spend ONCE but FOR GOOD product, instead 2-3 times for sth You will never be happy with..

Edited by lotharek

Of course, this cable is fully compatible with USATAN device designed by Jookie. I wanted to keep original pinout. but I really dislike idea of butchering db25 plugs... so decided go step further and order custom made cables - especially for usatan. i just like to see my devices high quality ..

of course all those small gizmos makeprice a bit higher, but my opinion is to better spend ONCE but FOR GOOD product, instead 2-3 times for sth You will never be happy with..

Very cool. One thing no one has mentioned is that on the 1040STf/STe the external floppy DIN is next to the ACSI port.

If you like to have an external B drive hooked up and your Satan/USatan is using a butchered db25, you can not fit both plugs into the computer.

The ear on the db25 is in the way and has to be ground off to fit both plugs. One could easily ruin the connector in the process.

Point being a proper plug like the one you're manufacturing is the best way to go. :thumbsup:

Edited by Official Ninja

Nicely done then...and I fully agree with stepping up the production quality rather than dropping it down. :)

Nicely done then...and I fully agree with stepping up the production quality rather than dropping it down. :)

We had many discussions about this cable and other aspects of the device. Lotharek has high standards, that's what he is like... Which is great for us! I haven't got the finished product yet, but the beta testing board is really well put together, because it is factory produced. All of Lotharek's products are like this. I have a DivIDE for my Spectrum and it is just as good. We can expect the NetUSBee to be just as good too, when it becomes available, and (good idea) it should be able to power the USatan via the USB port (conjecture, subject to testing).

Is there some clever and/or neat way to fit ultrasatan inside a standard STE?

Tricky, unless you sacrifice the FDD. You might be able to fit into a STF(m) by removing shields, but the memory bay of the STe is using space you would need. I have all these models lying around, so I will offer up the beta board and take some pictures so you have an idea.

Tricky, unless you sacrifice the FDD. You might be able to fit into a STF(m) by removing shields, but the memory bay of the STe is using space you would need. I have all these models lying around, so I will offer up the beta board and take some pictures so you have an idea.

Thanks, that will be very helpful. I would have thought it could sit above the STE Ram shield...Atari_1040STe-inside2.jpg

I dont see the need to sacrifice the FDD although I probably will fit this HxC FDD emu from Lotharek I have sitting gathering dust so far.. ;-) My worry really is how to do the wiring or if the cable can easily be routed back inside (most likely since I am hopeless at soldering)

Edited by Methanoid

For you STe owners - what if you replaced the factory PS with a smaller PICO? Would

that give you some/enough room to fit an Ultrasatan in there then? Just a thought.

Most likely that would work fine.

I would then mount it above the midi ports and cuts slits just above them so you can access the SD card slots.

Hi everybody - I am an old Atari user coming back to my roots with a MEGA ST coming in a few days. I am very excited about this :)

This whole UltraSatan project intrigues me a lot - can you guys please help me understand exactly what I need for it to work?

Apart from the actual unit - do I need an adapter as well?

From the pictures on Lothareks site I get the impression you need an external power supply. Correct?

A SCSI driver - what's the difference between HD Driver and ICD Pro?

Anything else?

/C

Hi everybody - I am an old Atari user coming back to my roots with a MEGA ST coming in a few days. I am very excited about this :)

This whole UltraSatan project intrigues me a lot - can you guys please help me understand exactly what I need for it to work?

Apart from the actual unit - do I need an adapter as well?

From the pictures on Lothareks site I get the impression you need an external power supply. Correct?

A SCSI driver - what's the difference between HD Driver and ICD Pro?

Anything else?

/C

Congrats. Enjoy your Mega ST. :)

The UltraSatan by Lotharek will be powered by 5V mini USB. So, a phone charger.

You will need the ACSI cable to attach it to your system.

ICD Pro drivers are freely found on the internet. HDDriver is a commercial product still being supported by the author.

http://www.seimet.de/atari/en/hddriver.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...