IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #13 Q*Bert

cparsley

In honor of scalpel's choice, and the current movie out "Wreck it Ralph", it's time for one of the early 80s characters appearing in the game to appear this week in the Intellivision HSC. It's time for Q*Bert to hop and roll on the INTV game.

Scores will be accepted until Sunday, November 18th, 2012 @ Noon Central time.

Current Scores * Final Results *

1. scalpel - 110,515 ( +10 )
  2. cparsley - 103,620 ( +9 )
  3. Patbb - 102,835 ( +8 )
  4. WispFollower - 41,845 ( +6 )
  5. JacobZu7 - 28,340 ( +4 )
  6. darthkur - 28,140 ( +2 )
  7. jblenkle - 12,755 ( +1 )
  8. Liduario - 8,685 ( +1 )
  9. ebelhaki - 7,300 ( +1 )
  10. roadrunner - 3,825 ( +1 )
  11. RangerG - 2,950 ( +1 )

Leaderboard - Season #3

post-25689-0-39884600-1352658154_thumb.jpg

Edited by cparsley

In honor of scalpel's choice, and the current movie out "Wreck it Ralph", it's time for one of the early 80s characters appearing in the game to appear this week in the Intellivision HSC. It's time for Q*Bert to hop and roll on the INTV game.

Waouh ! GREAT !

Thank you Cparsley. I really do love this game.

just played a few games, and Im now crying... This is a butchered port of Q*Bert, and I know he can be sooo much better :(

So far the best Ive done on this is 7,575 on L1R4.

What versions are better? What is your favorite? I never really played this game until now, and it is definitely addicting.

The problem for the most part comes with the collision detection appears to be handled hardware style here, instead of via the software. In Q*Bert, the player (and enemies) hops to each square, and there is supposed to be some give as to which is and what is not a kill for Q*Bert. For example, go watch any YouTube video for Q*Bert (arcade) would be the best place to see it.

The problem for the most part comes with the collision detection appears to be handled hardware style here, instead of via the software. In Q*Bert, the player (and enemies) hops to each square, and there is supposed to be some give as to which is and what is not a kill for Q*Bert. For example, go watch any YouTube video for Q*Bert (arcade) would be the best place to see it.

You mean someone should do a Q*BERT NEW VERSION ? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Actually, I played just right now, and for me, the Intellivision version is almost perfect ! Sound is great (especially the R4 level), to play is great too (I use my Intellivision "peritel" version to play). Maybe we could do something better for the graphics ? I don't know.

Edited by scalpel

Yes, the collision detection on the arcade is more nuanced. I think it may keep the position of each sprite in 3-D space, so that you only collide with a baddie if you both are over the same square at the same time.

The Intellivision version only checks if the sprites overlap each other on the screen in any way.

-dZ.