IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 5 Round 19 Robotron 2084

zylon

I thought that the 5200 and the 8 bit versions were the same program since the 5200 is essentially a 8 bit computer ( Atari 400 ) . Maybe I am incorrect in my conclusion.

No, you are quite right. With this game, as with most of the others, the only difference is the controls. There are, however, a few ports such as Centipede, DigDug, and Qix where the ports are actually very different. This was simply due to the efforts of the Atari programmers who wanted to improve on the earlier computer versions.

Edited by sdamon

If anyone has it working in emulator with two sticks on one gamepad, please post which emulator. I'm willing to boot into Windows for this one. I tried other emulators on Mac Atari800MacOSX, Rainbow, but couldn't get either of them up and running the game.

While I have no idea how you might get dual gamepad sticks working, might I suggest trying the keyboard? I played a lot of MAME Robotron using the WASD and Up-Down-Left-Right keys... worked pretty well.

Welcome back to the Knockout Grand Champion, skosh, and Season 1 & 2 5200 champ, darthkur! Hope you guys stick around!

Thanks sdamon... I'll give it a try however things have been on the busy side. What I really wanted was to participate in a few HSC on a pretty regular basis and that started off ok and quickly turned into really only the Coleco HSC.

Also congrats in advance for winning this HSC!! Looks like you have things all wrapped up.

If anyone has it working in emulator with two sticks on one gamepad, please post which emulator. I'm willing to boot into Windows for this one. I tried other emulators on Mac Atari800MacOSX, Rainbow, but couldn't get either of them up and running the game.

I did this for Space Dungeon as I could not find my cart. I used Altirra and a PS3 joystick with the dpad to move and the 4 buttons for firing. Also in the Space Dungeon thread patbb used MESS and did something similar with an XBOX 360 controller.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/195497-5200-hsc-season-5-round-4-space-dungeon/

(see post #5)

Good luck.

This round comes to a close with 2 records being broken/set and the champ taking another win. :thumbsup: Thanks to all who played and be sure to join us for Pacman, starting now.

Robotron 2084 -

(Level 1) (2 Controllers) jetset 518,200 (BUSTED)

NEW: 555,150 sdamon

(Level 1) (1 Controller) sdamon 71,100 (BUSTED)

NEW: 95,425 JacobZu7zu7

Final scores:

555,150 sdamon +1+11=12

513,775 skosh +10

511,775 darthkur +9

351,025 Gabriel +8

329,250 chuckwalla +7

268,650 roadrunner +6

130,800 NIKON +5

104,925 Liduario +4

95,425 JacobZu7zu7 +1+3=4

71,100 zylon +2