IGNORED

Ultimate 1mb / Side 2

lotharek

I just ordered my SIDE2 off of eBay, from Lotharek.

Can't wait for it to arrive. I'm sure I'll have some learning to do between that and the U1MB I bought from Candle last year for my XEGS and 600XL. :)

Oh...here is a question. For the SIDE2, I like the menu interface as shown on Lotharek's videos, but I wanted to know if anyone was wokring on a custom menu program that might have scrolling text at the top or bottom, and the ability to list the games/programs by their full names and not something like gateway.xex. If not, thats no big deal, just thought I'd ask as I'd love to have a vintage looking colorful menu system to load my games from. Sort of like the Atarimax Flash Carts for the Atari 8-Bit systems.

Note: after a compatibility issue surfaced between IDE Plus 2.0 (APT) and the U1MB / Incognito / SIDE / MyIDE APT drivers (thanks Marius) concerning single-density hard disk partitions, it turns out that IDE Plus uses a different (and - it turns out - in spec) byte interleave for this density. So - I can either change all those drivers and render existing media inoperative, or leave it as is and leave compatibility broken.

Note 256bps and 512bps partitions (probably what most of you use) are unaffected and completely interchangeable with IDE Plus 2.0.

Anyway - just a heads up for anyone who thinks they've found a bug. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 1

Hi Atari people

is there a flasher in the works to update side 2 with new loader/spartados?

or is it all made via ultimate 1 mb?

i would also want to know if the method to load atr files will be upgraded too

(tinkering with ultimate 1mb 2 times, then load, then doing all over again for other game is kind of cumbersome)

Still haven't received my order! Why is it taking so long for this and the Incognito order? It it on a ship?

When did you order? I got both of mine already. Lotharek said he shipped them all out. I think he is on vacation until tomorrow or the next day, but send him an email and he will give you the tracking information.

I ordered a SIDE2/Ultimate 1MB on Feb 28th without delivery. How long has it been taking for them to arrive for US customers? I also ordered an Ingonito in January and it also seems to be lost!! I really do have the best luck in the world. What should I do? I paid with Paypal.