IGNORED

VBXE

lotharek

Dear All,

This topic is just to inform You, that when i finishe SIDE2 cased ( 12.12.2012 ) and Ultimate ( 06.12.12), HXC slim ( now..), then ultrasatan and NETUSBEE, ( december - before christmas) I plan for 2013 start with VBXE 2 by Electron and Candle

It is not preordering - i just gather information if anyone interested. New design, new pcb, the same solution and great project ! Price - hopefully little bit lower - to early.

Please, drop me email to lotharek@lotharek.p with topic : VBXE ATARIAGE

i can promise, that i keep on gathering infos till end of 2012.

Sorry, cannot do earlier. to many stuff going and 3 projects at at the same time is too much for my budget

Edited by lotharek
  • Like 1

i'm about as much use as a chocolate fireguard with a soldering iron, how easy/otherwise will this revised version be to fit to an 800XL?

Edit: also, i've not really paid attention so what outputs does the board have and is there anything i can use to get to VGA?

Edited by TMR

Edit: also, i've not really paid attention so what outputs does the board have and is there anything i can use to get to VGA?
VGA is possible, since there exists a firmware vor vbxe vga. BUT!!!

You lose some of the options the vbxe gives you. More info about the whole vbxe hardware is located here: http://spiflash.org/

Have a seat for the programmers manual, and you will find the vga issues.

Edited by pps

Have a seat for the programmers manual, and you will find the vga issues.

That's a bit of a bugger... basically i'm thinking about when i take machines to events, right now i'm using an 800XL with a comp vid lead but that means i have to rely on tellies provided by the event organisers and sometimes that doesn't work out. But at the same time i do want the facilities of the VBXE to play with myself, writing a game for it has been on the "to do" list for a while but i'd need real hardware for testing.

Flat VGA monitors are more portable so, whilst i know the machine'll take a hit on video quality[1], as long as i can get to s-video i can upscale, so i'll have to read up a bit.

[1] i have some Fujitsu Siemens 4:3 ratio units that manage 50Hz from a C64 with Chameleon so it's less bad than it could be and the proposed environment is visually busy so the issue is less noticeable.

Hello, Lotharek

So I would have interest to the VBXE and would take one of it for my Atari 800 XL Pal from system. If it goes with connection socket VGA. I have ordered from Sloopy already already a VBXE and have paid. But there nothing does itself and with VBXE it has probably taken care. With it 130 euros are away. Pity, actually.

Point taken, José, but for many people, RGB / VGA video output alone are worth the price of this upgrade (especially for those who'd rather do a small amount of soldering than gut the whole video circuit for some subjective improvement in picture quality). And I'm sure that in future, as display devices with s-video support become more scarce, something with HDMI / component output will be even more useful as a means of prolonging the useful life of the A8.

Other than that, we've had enough trouble getting hold of these things via the last pre-order without questioning the validity of the hardware now. If you don't want one, don't order.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Lotharek-

I bought several of your SIO2SDs & they're great.

Does this VBXE let my 8-bit computer output RGB to a Sony PVM monitor?

I have a US 800 & 130XE. Does it work with either/both?

Will you be offering cables too?

I've just picked up a Sony PVM-20N2U ( http://s242.beta.photobucket.com/user/infernolab/library/Sony_PVM-20N2U ) & a SCART/RGB box & am getting as many of my consoles SCARTed out as possible.

(I know that the VBXE has been around for a bit, but the threads that I found don't seem to explain the basics--everybody seem to already know exactly what it is! *blush*)

Thanks,

-Jason

• 3 months later...