IGNORED

Storage solutions for C64?

Ive been looking into storage solutions for my older home computers as a lot of them are a pain to transfer too or in general just slow like tapes. Anyone know what sort of storage is available for the Commodore 64? I know of the 1541 Ultimate II and i have an XE1541 which ive just been writing to disks so far (slow). Ive heard you can directly hook up your C64 to a pc with the XE1541 and use that as storage.

Get the 1541 Ultimate II. It's the end-all-be-all solution. It is flippin' amazing. Stick it in your C64 and the only thing you'll ever have to tote around is the power supply, when you decide to play C64. I don't see why anybody would bother messing with any of the other stuff, when 1541 Ultimate exists. I can see that before it was created, the other solutions were very innovative and cool, however.

And get an alternative power supply. If you use the standard one that's ribbed like a Trojan, you're ***REALLY*** taking risks, with that defective piece of crap.

• Like 1

I've got both the C64C style PSU and the older "Cheesewedge" style. No idea if ones rated higher or not.

Using the cable its clunky but i might try hook it up direct to the C64 rather than write disks everytime. 1541 Ultimate II is pricey unless i can get a second hand one, still those are a good investment pretty much in the long run.