IGNORED

The ABSOLUTE worst games of all time.

Can I throw some Barbie games out there? Just because the games are targeted at girls doesn't mean it's okay to skimp on gameplay . . . or fun.

But, then again, it is Barbie . . .

Eh i guess it's OK, I hate when people say(not you) that educational games like the mario ones are horrible when you have to be a child to appreciate it because a educational game won't have anything a teenager or adult will like in it but in Barbie's case they are HORRIBLE so yeah a contender for one of the worst games ever

Edited by xDragonWarrior

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna say "Hooters Road Trip" on the PSone -- it's one of the worst games I've had the displeasure of playing. I bought it new for $10 and traded it in for $1 credit -- I just wanted to be rid of it.

I'd sort of understand the crappiness if this was a launch title, but this trainwreck was released in 2002 -- nearly seven years after the PSX debuted. That's just unacceptable!

Edited by DrLove0378
  • Like 1

I don't like the votes for Wipeout on Saturn, I still have and enjoy that more than the original Wipeout on PSX personally. By no means a worst of all time.

I also very much disagree with the repeated votes for Panic! on Sega CD. It has been ages, and the game was really deeply insane...but I enjoyed its maniacal nonsense. It wasn't by any means poorly put together.

Unlike...soooo many PS1 games that I can't even think of. Some of which had promising intros and then...plurgh. I vaguely recall a Batman ... racing game? That looked sooo sweet, and played soooo bad.

And I also kind of like Laser Blast for 2600. It ain't no Frostbite or Pressure Cooker, that's for sure. But it's not a complete turd.

My biggest disappointment, though it can't really be called a worst of all time for many reasons, was Lord of the Rings: Conquest. Supposedly by the same developed that made Star Wars Battlefront I and II. But the developed had been absorbed by EA inbetwixt the games and well...Conquest is buggy, horribly conceived, no fun at all, stupid, and just simply stupefying in that they somehow screwed up such an easy win. They could have nearly just reskinned and high-deffed up SW Battlefront II and been good. But they completely and utterly blew it.

• Like 1

Some very good picks in this thread which I certainly can't argue with. From my own experience, these games are ones I owned/played bitd which really let me down:

Bugs (2600)

Reactor (2600)

It's Only Rock N Roll (Coleco) - may qualify for "so bad it's good" status because it made us laugh

Winter Games (NES)

I could not stand Firefly and Sorcerer on the 2600. One of them was slightly better than the other but both crap. I actually bought those for cheap back in the early 80's and I remember how horrible they were. Never bothered playing them again even on an emulator.

Well, I think I just won the thread.

When I die, Satan will no doubt force me to play this little gem for the rest of eternity.

Thank you, Ouya, for introducing me to the wonder of indie games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIqsVOyhACQ

I was about to give a counterpoint.. uuuhh.. and then this video nearly gave me a freakin' seizure!

I'm pretty sure you won!

• Like 2

I also very much disagree with the repeated votes for Panic! on Sega CD. It has been ages, and the game was really deeply insane...but I enjoyed its maniacal nonsense. It wasn't by any means poorly put together.

Technically, 'Panic!' doesn't really even qualify as a game so maybe I should withdraw my vote. :P

• Like 1

Well, I think I just won the thread.

When I die, Satan will no doubt force me to play this little gem for the rest of eternity.

Thank you, Ouya, for introducing me to the wonder of indie games.

It's still better than 3D Ballz.

What I find most impressive is the designer of the game you list went out of his way to obfuscate activity in the game, and it's STILL easier to figure out what's going on than in Ballz.

Ok, I know I've beaten this one to death...

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (360). I was so excited for this one to come out. I even preordered for the art book. But it is nothing at all like any incarnation of Castlevania. Now, that alone I can deal with, console games usually change course eventually. Look at black sheep games that differed radically from their predecessors; I'll use Mario 2 and Zelda 2 as examples. These two get a pass because they were both FUN. Lords of Shadow just sucks. A totally unimaginative, generaric Lord of the Rings game pretending to be CV. My biggest gripe is that it is totally non-intuative. Every time I wanted to advance in the game, I had to check my phone for the control combination. WTF? Castlevania is supposed to be completely intuative.

There, I got that off my chest. I feel better now.

I have never played either of those, but I can say this: though Link's Adventure may suck, The Adventure of Link (NES) rocks! :)

Here's Dash Galaxy. Gotta love those sh*t-tastic jump mechanics..

I can't say I'm much a fan of KID KOOL either.

I have never played either of those, but I can say this: though Link's Adventure may suck, The Adventure of Link (NES) rocks! :)

As state above it's zelda's adventure.

But how is it possible to say a game is bad, while u never played it.

Just because somebody says it's bad?

If you gone say a game is bad. At least play it, before you can make a statement.

Or on what is you're opinion based?

Skull and Crossbones for the NES. I wonder why Tengen bothered to release this turkey.

Huh, I liked that game as a teenager -- it was one of my three favorite unlicensed games on the NES, along with Captain Comic and Firehawk. I'll have to go back and check it out again.

Everybody should play QWOP at least once. It's a free online game, easy to search for. Probably the worst game I've ever played but funny as hell. There's countless youtube videos of the gameplay as well. I'm so bad at it that I often get a score of something like -0.2m. Negative scores, oh yeah.

http://youtu.be/9rj6-ayz8v4

Edited by Lentzquest
  • Like 1

Everybody should play QWOP at least once. It's a free online game, easy to search for. Probably the worst game I've ever played but funny as hell. There's countless youtube videos of the gameplay as well. I'm so bad at it that I often get a score of something like -0.2m. Negative scores, oh yeah.

http://youtu.be/gY0xWzO389I

http://youtu.be/9rj6-ayz8v4

I beat you. -1.2 meters...