IGNORED

Spitfire Attack hack help (Thomas?)

Atarius Maximus

I love spitfire attack, but I've always wished that the control scheme was different, so that when you push up on the joystick you go up, and when you push down on the joystick you go down, rather than the opposite, which is how the game works. Would it be possible to change the control of the game like that? Thomas, can you help me with this?

AM

I understand Atarius Maximus.

I haven't played it since I was a kid, but I rememeber disliking StarWars TAG for the same reason.

Thomas is right most all of them are like that. I don't mind it so much on games with fixed crossfires ala: Air Raiders. But it always bugged the hell out of me on SW:TAG where you have to move a cursor around.

I don't recall ever playing Spitfire Attack how is it set up?

Also Thomas can you hack E.T. so it uses paddle controllers? Thanks.

I love spitfire attack, but I've always wished that the control scheme was different, so that when you push up on the joystick you go up, and when you push down on the joystick you go down, rather than the opposite, which is how the game works.  Would it be possible to change the control of the game like that?  Thomas, can you help me with this?

AM

This one is easy so I thought I'd do it for you :D

This makes it more difficult for me because I'm use to the controls on a shooter like this to be just as they were (push up go down, push down go up). Anyway, enjoy.

spitfire_hack.zip

Wha? Use the keypads to do math?? It's so...illogical eyebrow.gif

:lust: Sp-ock, are...YOU sure?

eyebrow.gif Quite, Captian.

:ponder: I'm recieving a distress call from engineering!

:lust: On...speakers!

:o We canna go on with this footnote much longer!!

eyebrow.gif I show a 99.943545% chance that we are losing the audience.

:x Goddamit Jim, I agree with him!

:lust: Bones, get a...GRIP...on yourself.

:twisted: Too late...I can't break free from this path!

:skull: Aiiiiiiiii!

:x He's dead, Jim.

:lust: Yaoman...PUT that...red shirt on...AND take his...station.

Wow, I sense a little sarcasm in this thread! :D

Thanks, Debro, for making the hack for me. I guess it's a personal preference, I never much cared for the "up is down, down is up" controls on most flight sim type games. I love the hack, it makes it easier and more intuitive for me to play. Again, just my preference.

Actually, since moycon mentioned it, I'd love a hack of Star Wars TAG that changed the control scheme in a similar manner, that would be great!

AM

• 1 month later...

Albert created the cart for me, and I made a label for it. I called my copy "Spitfire Attack RC" for Reversed Control. Here's a picture of the finished product next to my original Spitfire Attack Cart:

SpitfireLabels.jpg

I love this hack, I can pretty much play the game endlessly until I get tired of playing! My original copy is doomed to collect dust forever. :D

AM