IGNORED

CONTEST: Carol vs. The World!

DZ-Jay

Here's my high score screen. I'm sure no one will beat it!

post-14916-0-16925800-1353348939_thumb.gif

I'll let you know where to send my prize. Be sure and wrap it well!

Catsfolly

I'll post my score tonight, but I think it's 3K+. I've saved Christmas twice in the same game run. :)

I'll post my score tonight, but I think it's 3K+. I've saved Christmas twice in the same game run. :)

No fair, you can't win! You've already designed your own levels. Here's my high score ...

Funny how you changed the font size after the score hits 10K.

post-31049-0-88938200-1353353010_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I was wrong, my highest score so far is 2,663

post-27318-0-34195400-1353598598_thumb.jpg

That's the benchmark so far because I'm the person who has played it the most up to this point.

I'm sure someone will beat that as soon as the contest opens. ;)

-dZ..

how does thecontest work? uountake a pict of the highest score and post it?

That's it, just like in any other HSC competition. And just like in the "normal" HSC, there will be a thread for that.

For those who are not members of AA, they can submit their screenshot or photograph via e-mail, and we'll post it ourselves.

There will be two leaderboards: the official one for the contest in the CarolVsGhost.com site, and the HSC one in AA, both will reflect the same things.

I prepared a FAQ in the contest page with more information, but feel free to ask directly here as well. :)

-dZ.

That's it, just like in any other HSC competition. And just like in the "normal" HSC, there will be a thread for that.

For those who are not members of AA, they can submit their screenshot or photograph via e-mail, and we'll post it ourselves.

There will be two leaderboards: the official one for the contest in the CarolVsGhost.com site, and the HSC one in AA, both will reflect the same things.

I prepared a FAQ in the contest page with more information, but feel free to ask directly here as well. :)

-dZ.

my other question is there are rounds? so that means you must your best score for each round? how many rounds will there be?

my other question is there are rounds? so that means you must your best score for each round? how many rounds will there be?

There are no real "rounds." The game is open from 1 to 31 of December. You just continue playing and sending new high scores until the deadline. The leaderboards will be updated at least three times a week (we'll try to do it "live," but just in case), so as soon as someone beats you, you have a chance to beat them back.

It's all for fun and entertainment, so I wouldn't expect people to "snipe" by holding out their best score until the very end. It's supposed to be a friendly competition. :)

-dZ.

Actually, to play a game with the programmer is one thing I always wanted to do!

To me it's a great bonus :thumbsup:

Well, I will play in the competition along with everybody else, and post my score. It won't qualify for the championship, of course, but it will serve as a benchmark--at least until that time when someone beats it.

I'm expecting someone to beat my score rather quickly. I'm good at this game, but I suck at games in general. :)

-dZ.

This game is soooo hard!! :-o

First day of playing and I'm only up to 264. Pathetic :_(

I must train day and night to win a patch!

Grrr! The ghost is such an A-hole. I'm terrible at this :P

Don't get discouraged! Check out the hints I've been posted in a separate thread and also use Liduardo's tip: Go to the Practice Menu and play the last level you reached until you figure out how to beat it.

Trust me: once you get a general feel for the game, it becomes much easier--as long as you avoid the Ghost! :)

-dZ.

I was wrong, my highest score so far is 2,663

post-27318-0-34195400-1353598598_thumb.jpg

That's the benchmark so far because I'm the person who has played it the most up to this point.

I'm sure someone will beat that as soon as the contest opens. ;)

-dZ..

It will interesting to see how high the scores get. I'm getting a little better. I broke 1000 and saved Christmas today :-o Not bad for second day playing, right??? I'm gonna have some victory eggnog!

It will interesting to see how high the scores get. I'm getting a little better. I broke 1000 and saved Christmas today :-o Not bad for second day playing, right??? I'm gonna have some victory eggnog!

1000 already! nice. So you're now a "Helper Elf." :)

-dZ.