Myide 2 Now Available !!

large_redgreen_sm.jpglarge_all_3_sm.jpg

The Atarimax MyIDE-II CompactFlash Cartridge is a professionally produced Compact Flash interface for the Atari XL/XE computers.

The MyIDE-II cartridge includes the following:

• Compact Flash Hardware Interface
    • Full Software Power Control
    • Hardware Media Change Detection
    • Completely new hardware design by Atarimax
    • Upgradable Hardware Core via Card Edge JTAG Interface

[*]512kB On-Board User Customizable Flash Memory

• Complete Maxflash Studio & USB Programmer Integration
    • Complete Menu Customizability using Maxflash Studio Workbooks

[*]512kB On-Board Application SRAM

• Develop advanced applications w/o requiring internal RAM upgrades

[*]Mr-Atari's MyBIOS Included

• New MyIDE-II MyBIOS w/ Full "Hot Swap" Media Change Support
    • Upgrade/Change MyBIOS by just updating you Maxflash Studio Workbook
    • Purchase includes MyBIOS technical support from Mr-Atari

[*]Available in Clear, Red, Blue and Green Cases

[*]CNC Machined Case Openings

[*]Professionally Assembled Immersion Gold PCB

[*]Hardware Support from Atarimax

[*]Real Lifetime Warranty

link:

http://www.atarimax.com/myide/documentation/

What is the access scheme for the onboard SRAM?

Hi Ken,

You can access the SRAM from any mappable page (right, left, keyhole), either as read/write or read-only.

There is programming information posted in the forum here:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/

There are also complete reference CF access routines that include media change detection, if you want to write CF aware software. These are the same routines that I use in the hardware diagnostic.

If you want your software to run under Sijmen's MyBIOS, you need to avoid the areas in use by MyBIOS. If you want to just use the raw hardware, you can follow the register specification and do whatever you want with the RAM.

Steve

Steve/all,

Is all that is needed is this and your own compact flash card? I am asking what a newbie (me) should purchase from Atari Max?

It doesn't look like I will need the Maxflash USB Cartridge Programmer to work with this -- I am surprised that all you need is one product. If so, great job guys.

Steve/all,

Is all that is needed is this and your own compact flash card? I am asking what a newbie (me) should purchase from Atari Max?

It doesn't look like I will need the Maxflash USB Cartridge Programmer to work with this -- I am surprised that all you need is one product. If so, great job guys.

You may need the usb programmer to update hardware cores, if ever needed, in the future

and to update , make your own workbooks

Steve/all,

If you want to make your own custom workbooks to modify the boot menu, you can use the Maxflash Studio software, which is free. The USB programmer is an optional add-on that allows you to program the boot flash very quickly by just attaching the cartridge and pressing 'Synchronize'. There are other means to transfer the images to the Atari though, including using SIO2PC.

The only function that actually requires the USB programmer would be JTAG programming the hardware core, which you shouldn't ever have to do anyway, unless there is a major update or bug fix to the hardware. In that case I'd also offer a send-in programming service for no charge to people without the USB programmer.

The TLDR version is, you don't really need the USB programmer, but it can make things easier if you plan on doing customization of the boot menu.

Steve

Ordered one in blue. I must admit, though, as a non-programmer, the specific differences between MYIDE, compared to SIDE, grow a bit confusing over time, especially as each evolve. ;)

On Myide 2 you can use a Side loader, so you that way you run xex and com files from a fat 32 partition,

the driver is used with pemission of the side folks

I'll hopefully be getting one of these soon. I'd thought about Side, but I'm not sure about current availability, and shipping costs, and support. Maybe they are great, but I like ordering from the U.S. and having the websites and forums that AtariMax has, and I've been quite satisfied with prior products and service, so I will stick with what I know. I've gotten APE/SIO2PC and AtariMax 32-n-1 OS, and Atarimax 512K Rambo compatible upgrade and used to own the original MyIDE and was very satisfied with products and support. This is an AWSOME MyIDE upgrade!

Edited by Gunstar