Can the Myide II redirect IO so I can copy files from either APE or a 1050 to the Myide II device? Thanks

Yes. The MyIDE II (and also MyIDE I) can work with 'partitions' or images. Both work.

When you set a 1050 to D1: (or whatever Dx:) and you have a MyIDE partition on D2: you could simply copy files from D1: to D2: just like you would do when D2: was another Sio partition. Ofcourse you have to use a compatible DOS then, but that is equal to only-sio operation.

Thanks this is the answer i was looking for. One last question, has this been tested with a Black Box or MIO or other PBI devices?

Yes. The MyIDE II (and also MyIDE I) can work with 'partitions' or images. Both work.

When you set a 1050 to D1: (or whatever Dx:) and you have a MyIDE partition on D2: you could simply copy files from D1: to D2: just like you would do when D2: was another Sio partition. Ofcourse you have to use a compatible DOS then, but that is equal to only-sio operation.

Thanks this is the answer i was looking for. One last question, has this been tested with a Black Box or MIO or other PBI devices?

I have been testing MyIDE I with BlackBox. This did work. If you had a MyIDE partition on let's say D3: you had to set D3: in the blackbox menu to SIO and very important: high speed sio OFF (Set to NORMAL). But... I had a lot of computers that did not like a blackbox AND a MyIDE together connected. Probably something with too much bus load or whatever. But it should work. I do not use my BlackBoxes at the moment. I do not have space to connect them, so I can not test it for you. But if it might fail, I'm sure Sijmen will help to fix. It SHOULD work, so if not, it will be fixed.

Yeah, MyBIOS fully support PBI-devices.

The same routines from the ATARI-REV_2 are Incorporated in the OS.

Problem that Marius has with MyIDE-I is the timing issues of weak/wrong signals.

For MyIDE-II this should not be a problem since IO is CLPD controlled and not discrete logic.

Grtz,

Sijmen.

P.S.

Yes, Marius is right, when you find bugs related to PBI and MyBIOS, I'll fix it :)

I'm going to release (very soon) a MyIDE-I version of the MyBIOS.

That will have the same functionality as this one, only the additional MyIDE-II support will be disabled.

Beside that, the image (packed BIOS) is supported with the latest ATARIMAX Studio-software, so you can (finally) custom build your own flash-content :)

-yeah-

Later!

Sijmen.

Edited by mr-atari

• 2 months later...

It's only happening on Pal 800XL. Isn't that interesting?

Not on 600XL

Not on 1200XL

Not on XE

Only 800XL!

I have never seen such a thing. It's an MMU/Antic related issue. When you burn MMU jedec in GAL the issue does not happen.

But I'm "off the case" ... so that's all I can say.

Hi,

I've ordered and have received 2 of the MyIDE2 carts. These carts are a "must have" for the Atari enthusiast.

I've loaded up a 4 Gig Compact Flash card, on a fat 32 partition, with Xex, Atr, and Rom files. MyIDE2 will load them without any problems.

It's great to play Commando, Summer Games, Mean 18, MidiMaze, and Karateka on a stock 800XL. No other product can do this.

You can put your entire library of games and programs on a single cart. I'm going to order a third cart shortly, after payday.

Keep up the great work on this great product!!

Thanks,

Doug

Experimental fix message posted by Steve at the Atarimax forum. (If this affects you.)

During beta testing, I used over a dozen 800XL's and XE's and 1200XL's and never saw this. This looks like a real "outlier."

It will be awhile, but I'm really looking forward to the internal version of MyIDE II. Hopefully most of the "lessons learned" from the cartridge will make the internal version much easier for the developers!

-Larry

During beta testing, I used over a dozen 800XL's and XE's and 1200XL's and never saw this. This looks like a real "outlier."

-Larry

Hi Larry,

As far as I can see it, the issue only occurs on PAL 800XL. That is perhaps what you did not test on?

And it only happens on using 8K rom (and especially when loaded from the FAT32V20130110 loader, in combination with MyBios).

So it is not strange that you did miss this one.

• 2 months later...

I am just discovering this flash cart. I haven't read through every post, so forgive me if this has already been answered, but does this work with the Atari 800, or just XL/XE? I assume the SDHC card would prevent the 800's lid from closing, but just thought I'd ask.

Edited by Hamburgerman

I am just discovering this flash cart. I haven't read through every post, so forgive me if this has already been answered, but does this work with the Atari 800, or just XL/XE? I assume the SDHC card would prevent the 800's lid from closing, but just thought I'd ask.

Only XL/XE ... even when you 'hack' the cart-door, it won't work on 800. Even when you install incognito board... it won't work on atari 800.

It's a rather cool device, as long as you are into gaming. For other tasks (like coding, or other more serious stuff) it is not the best choice though.

The flash-OS is a nice job, but does not come close to anything that is really useful.

The FAT32 loader Tucker wrote is great. The feature where the MyIDE 2 cart is able to run ROM files is great.

With a replacement OS (where you exchange your Atari OS rom with the MyIDE OS in ROM) this device is powerful and interesting.

When you want to keep your atari as original as possible, this is not the first choice.

IDE+ 2.0 is a better choice then, although that one is also not compatible with Atari 800.